Government Agency Coordination Office, PTAC
Helping Area Companies Pursue Government Business
The Government Agency Coordination Office (GACO) of California University of Pennsylvania is a Procurement Technical Assistance Center that assists companies in the region interested in pursuing federal, state and local government contracting and subcontracting opportunities. The office also helps local businesses explore export opportunities.
GACO has a client base of more than 1,600 businesses. To date, the office has assisted companies obtain more than $3 billion in contracts.
California University of Pennsylvania launched GACO as a public service in 1985. The Defense Logistics Agency and the Sarah Scaife Foundation continue to provide key support to the University for GACO's program and events.
Among its services, GACO assists businesses in the region by:
- Advising and assisting companies in marketing products and services to government agencies
- Identifying codes for federal government contracting which include Federal Supply Class (FSC) codes, Service Codes and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes
- Notifying companies of bid opportunities for federal, state and local government contracts and subcontracts, corporate contracts and foreign contracts
- Assisting you with government registrations (System for Award Management, DSBS, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Vendor Registration, Contracting websites, and others)
- Advising of subcontracting opportunities and contacts and establishing a profile in GACO's Subcontracting Match Program (SMP)
- Assisting companies in filing applications for placement on state and local bidders' lists
- Advising on bid preparation
- Assisting with obtaining specifications and standards data and technical data packages for federal government work
- Researching historical cost data and parts suppliers
- Providing guidance and points of contact for federal, state and local contracting
- Conducting seminars for education and training in government contracting policies and procedures
- Hosting procurement fairs for face-to-face marketing opportunities with federal, state and local government agencies and corporations
Seminars, Procurement Fairs
As a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), GACO conducts educational seminars and training in government contracting policies and procedures and hosts procurement fairs to provide local business people face-to-face marketing opportunities with federal, state, local and corporate purchasing agents.
We're Here to Help
The main GACO office is located at California University of Pennsylvania. Clients can also visit the Pittsburgh satellite office and the Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania satellite office.
Disclaimer: "California University of Pennsylvania's, GACO, which serves as a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), is funded in part through a cooperative agreement from the Department of Defense (DOD) through a program that is administered by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The content of any written materials or verbal communications of the PTAC does not necessarily reflect the official views of or imply endorsement by DOD or DLA."
GACO at Cal U is a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
Review GACO Presentations
For additional information on the Defense Logistics Agency's (DLA's) Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) and to locate the PTAC in your area click here
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.