World-Class Affiliations - Speakers
California University’s collaboration with world-class institutions has made the campus a cultural center for southwestern Pennsylvania. Our affiliation with museums, performing arts centers and public institutions bring cultural resources to both the University community and the region.
The University’s affiliation with numerous cultural institutions includes:
- American Horticultural Society
- American Public Gardens Association
- Appalachian Institute
- Carnegie Museum of Art (.pdf)
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History (.pdf)
- Carnegie Science Center
- Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources
- National Building Museum
- National Gallery of Art
- National Weather Service
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service
California University hosts speakers of national and international prominence, many brought to campus through Cal U’s long-standing Noss Lecture Series. Past speakers include:
- Coretta Scott King, activist and widow of Dr. Martin Luther King
- Lech Walesa, former president of Poland
- Stephen R. Covey, author and national speaker
- Hillary Clinton, presidential candidate
- Charles Krauthammer, political commentator
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr., writer and environmental activist
Did You Know?
More than 6,000 schoolchildren visited the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service’s exhibition “In Search of Giant Squid” at Cal U in 2008.
Read President Armenti’s perspective on Cal U’s world-class affiliations in the “The Power of Collaborative Partnerships.”
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.