Teaching and Learning Center
Integrating technology into the learning environment
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is a resource for Cal U faculty members as they explore effective uses for mobile technology and smart classroom technology in education.
They also are building a library of online tutorials that can help faculty members explore best practices and integrate technology into their classes.
Face-to-face and virtual support
The TLC provides training and assistance Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. by appointment.
Appointments can be made by emailing: email@example.com
or by phone: 724-938-4168
Room 411, Keystone Hall
Staff from the Teaching and Learning Center answer faculty questions about integrating smart classroom technology, mobile devices and other high-tech tools into the teaching and learning environment.
“Tech Tuesday” – “no appointment necessary”
Between the hours of 8:00 AM – 12:00PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00PM
Spring 2013 Dates
Tech Tuesdays will run from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on the following days:
- February 5, 12, 19 & 26
- March 5, 12 & 26
- April 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30
- May 7 & 14
- Desire2Learn (D2L): Sharing tips and strategies
- Mobile apps: D2L
- Respondus: A tool for creating and managing exams that can be published directly to D2L. Exams can be created offline using MS Word or a publishers’ test bank.
- Narrated PowerPoint: Integration into your course and D2L
- Microsoft Office: (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Softchalk: Create engaging multi-media content that can be placed on D2L
- Polling: Devices/Software/Mobile Device Polling
- Skype: Desktop sharing and peer to peer communication
- iPads/iPod touches/Laptops/Tablets: Classroom integration methods and device management protocols
- Mobile Apps: Recommendation on academic apps, adopting/integrating mobile apps within your course, and mobile app content creation
- Add audio: Utilizing software and web tools, instructors can develop narrated presentations for class use
- Smart Classroom: Training, management, protocols, and engaging students
- Smart Sympodiums: Sharing tips, techniques and best practices
- Content Creation: Video, Audio, PDF(s), and etc.
What People Are Saying
“I got a lot of help from the Teaching and Learning Center.”Dr. Kimberly WoznackChair, Department of Chemisrty and Physics
I'm online = Available
Can't talk now = In a call
I'm offline = Not available