Campus Climate Project
- Nick Eritz (student)
- Dori Eichelberger (staff)
- Joel Press (faculty)
Help Cal U build a better campus climate and you could be a winner.
Just take 20-30 minutes to complete the Campus Climate Survey online.
Submit your completed survey, then follow the links to register for the prize drawing. Your survey response is completely confidential, even if you register to win.
One lucky student will win an Apple iPad. One faculty member and one staff member each will win an iPad, too!
Prizes will be awarded after the survey is closed. Check this page during the survey period to see who’s winning the “participation race” — students, faculty or staff!
The purpose of the project is to provide important information about the climate at California University and to enable Cal U to improve the environment for working, living, and learning. This information will be used in conjunction with other data to provide Cal U with an inclusive view of the institution.
In an effort to gather a variety of data and assess the climate for Cal U, an external consulting firm, Rankin & Associates Consulting, has been secured to implement a Campus Climate and Community Survey.
Rankin & Associates has extensive experience conducting educational and institutional climate assessments and developing strategic planning initiatives based on those assessments.
- Cal U will add to its knowledge of how all constituent groups (faculty, staff, students and administrators) experience and perceive the climate for living, learning, and working at the institution and how the community responds to them (e.g. governance issues, pedagogy, curricular issues, professional development, inter-group/intra-group relations, respect issues, etc.)
- Cal U will develop specific objectives and action plans to address institutional changes and cultural shifts.
Phase I: Initial Proposal Meetings
- Presentation of proposal to members of the campus community (Read the proposal)
Phase II: Assessment Tool Development, Communication Plan, IRB Proposal
- Development of assessment tool
- Development of communications plan for the assessment
- Development of an Institutional Review Board (IRB) proposal
Phase III: Survey Implementation & Data Analysis
- Survey administration (design, methods, sampling) and monitoring
- Data coding and database management
- Data analysis (descriptive statistics, frequency tables) as deemed appropriate by Rankin & Associates
Phase IV: Development and Presentation of Report
- Development of report (executive summary, data presentation and report findings)
- Presentation of final report to the Cal U campus community