Public Speaking (3 Crs.)
Students will have the ability to develop and present ideas through oral communication.
COM 101, 230, 250, EDU 350
- To be able to demonstrate the theory and application of public speaking;
- To construct and arrange arguments, evidence, information and appeals in speeches designed to accomplish informative and persuasive communication goals;
- To demonstrate the use of language in speeches designed to accomplish informative and persuasive communication goals;
- To prepare and deliver effective communication with audiences in the presentation of speeches;
- To make critical and ethical evaluation of public speeches; and
- To apply strategies for effective cross-cultural communication.