The Math lab mission is to help Cal U students:
- succeed in their math and math-related courses,
- develop their study skills
- increase their motivation and confidence
- become independent learners.
It is located in Noss Hall 115 and equipped with state of the art technology. Our highly qualified and trained peer learning assistants (tutors) help students in all Cal U mathematics and statistics courses. We also provide tutoring in some physics, chemistry, computer science, computer information systems, electrical engineering, biology, earth science, electrical engineering and accounting courses and the business course Analytical Methods, as well as math placement test. Services are FREE and done on a walk-in or appointment basis.
The tutors will work with students on a one-to-one or a small group basis. The sessions are arranged to fit your schedule and generally last 30 minutes each. It would benefit you if you attempt, before coming to the session, the homework and prepare for the session. This would help the tutor identify specific problems you are having in the course.
Call 724-938-5893 to schedule a tutoring session or stop in to ask when a tutor is available to meet with you.
Noss Hall - Room 115
Dr. Kaddour Boukaabar, Director
Regular hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday
Summer Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday
The Math Lab provides a wide array of instructional services (at no charge) to University students. Available are
- one-to-one tutorial support in math and math-related courses,
- group tutorial support in math and math-related courses,
- video disk tutorials on all algebra topics,
- video disk tutorials for help in College Algebra,
- help with graphing calculators
- help with mathematics and statistics software
- help with required tests such as Math placement, Praxis, GRE (Math part), etc…
- computer tutorials for most math topics, and
- help for those who are math anxious.
Take advantage of the FREE tutorial service.
Find Out More
The Math Lab is only one of the ways Cal U can help you achieve your academic goals. Check out the latest programs.