Assessment of Student Learning (ASL)
The ASL program for Cal U was developed in consonance with the PASSHE Board of Governors Policy 1997-01: Assessing Student Learning Outcomes. The following areas are assessed:
- Developmental Programs
- General Education
- Course Assessment
- Voluntary System of Accountability (VSA)
- California University of PA will be using the ETS Proficiency Profile, short version, for testing of value added in the areas of reading, writing, mathematics and critical thinking.
- Seniors, who began at Cal U as first-time freshmen and who have fewer than 30 transfer credits, will be tested beginning the middle of April 2012. The target numbers for the test population will be 250-300 persons.
- Freshmen, who will enter Cal U as first-time students for the Fall of 2012, will be tested during summer registration. The target number for the test population will be 500-600 freshmen.
- Undergraduate Program-Level
- Graduate Program-Level
- Co-Curricular Programs (with Student Development Goals)