2013 Fall Career Fair and Employable YOU Career Week
Thursday, October 10, 2013
9:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
CALU Convocation Center
The Fall Career Fair will take place from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., and is an opportunity for YOU to explore career options! Representatives from up to 75 companies and organizations will be attending the fair to recruit a variety of majors for Internships, Co-op, Job Shadow and full-time positions. This event is open to all students and alumni.
- No registration is required for the Career Fair!
- Professional dress encouraged. No jeans, athletic wear or shorts!
- A complete list of registered employers can be viewed by logging into your Hire CALYOU account, and clicking on “Cal U Career Fair” under the “Career Fairs & Events” tab.
Before the fair, there will be a Diversity Networking Breakfast from 9:30 am – 10:45 am. The networking event is designed to connect students and alumni with employers that are seeking to diversify their organizations. You'll have the opportunity to network, learn about career opportunities, and ask questions during the speed networking portion of the breakfast.
- All students and alumni are welcome to attend the Diversity Networking Breakfast, but must pre-register online at Hire CALYOU under the Career Fairs and Events tab, and click on “Diversity Networking Breakfast” under the workshops (pre-registration available beginning September 3, 2013).
- Professional dress is encouraged – no jeans, athletic wear or shorts!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
For upperclassmen and alumni, you are encouraged to take the time to prepare a resume and bring multiple copies with you. Visit as many booths as possible to learn about career opportunities for you!
For freshmen and sophomores, this event is a great way for you to become aware of Internship, Co-op, Job Shadow or full-time opportunities that are available within the different industries. Attending these events early in your college experience can help you make a more informed decision in choosing a career path.
Please visit Resume Resources, Ten Tips , and Networking at a Job Fair for additional information on how to start writing a resume , questions to ask employers, and how to make the most of a job fair.
Employable YOU CAREER WEEK
Make sure you are ready to put your best foot forward at the Career Fair by attending these workshops and events!
Monday, September 30 - How to Rock a Job Fair (Live Webinar), 5:00 p.m.
- Tune in to this webinar and you'll learn the top tips on what you can do to catch the attention of potential employers at the Career Fair from Jamie Timms, Recruiting Talent Acquisition Manager at Enterprise Rent-A-Car!
Tuesday, October 1 - Is This SUITable? - Natali Student Center, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- What are you planning to wear to the CALU Fall Career Fair? Stop by our table in Natali and we'll show you some duds that will make the best impression at the Career Fair.
Wednesday, October 2 - Resumania! - Natali Student Center, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Need a quick resume review or some tips to get started? Bring your resume and your questions and stop by our table in Natali !
Thursday, October 3, - How to Make the Most of a Job Fair (Presentation), 11:00 a.m. in Eberly 110
- Ashley Weiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist at PLS Logistics will meet with students interested in hearing how they can best prepare for and present themselves at the Fall Career Fair, and provide tips for following up after the fair.
Friday, October 4 - Just in Time Job Fair Prep!, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Eberly 230 (Career Services)
- Have some last minute quick questions before the Fall Career Fair or other upcoming job fairs? Stop by Career Services for some tips and answers to your questions.