Hotline/Contact information

Site Search

A Cal U student sitting on a set of stairs outside, while reading a book.A Cal U student sitting on a set of stairs outside, while reading a book.

Hotline/Contact information

You or someone you care about may need a resource to obtain help for a mental health problem.  Generally, it is wise to call several facilities in order to determine the one that best meets your needs. The exception to this is during times of an emergency

The following hotline information is presented as a service to the University community. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing, merely a starting point for help.

Behavioral health, psychiatrists and mental health hotlines and providers

Drug and alcohol treatment; smoking cessation

Child Abuse/Violent Crime/Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault and Abuse

  • Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape: 888-772-7227; 888-480-7283
  • The Blackburn Center Against Domestic and Sexual Violence: 724-837-9540 (for appointments); 888-832-2272; Rape Crisis Hotline: 724-836-1122 (24 hours)
  • Washington County Women's Shelter: 724-223-9190
  • Greene County Women's Shelter: 800-791-4000
  • Fayette County Domestic Violence Hotline: Free; 724-437-2530 (for appointments); 724-439-9500 (hotline)
  • Fayette County Crime Victim's Hotline: Free; 724-437-3737
  • The CARE Center Victims Hotline (STTAR) Sexual Abuse Hotline: Free; 888-480-7283 or 724-228-7208
  • Child Abuse Hotline: Free; 800-932-0313

Religious Counseling (Note: Counselors who provide religious counseling may not be certified.)

  • Campus Ministry (Pete Ware): 724-938-4573
  • Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Greensburg (24 hour Helpline): 724-837-1840; 866-409-6455
  • Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh: 412-456-6999
  • Catholic Charities of Washington County: 724-228-7722
  • United Methodist Church (across from Dairy Queen, Third Street, California): 724-938-2270
  • First Presbyterian Church (behind the Kwik Fill, Fourth Street, California) 724-938-7676

Pain Management

  • Center for Pain Control Clinic, Pittsburgh: 412-578-3350
  • Pain Management Center of Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh: 412-359-3131
  • Pain Release Clinic, Pittsburgh: 412-431-7246

Anger Management

  • The CARE Center, Washington: 800-281-7150
  • David Russell from Moving Toward Non-Violence Program, Washington (works with court-referred people): 724-222-8722 or 412-271-7660
  • Southwest Behavioral Care Inc., Monessen, for intake and referral to mental health center offering the anger management group's general number: 724-684-6489
  • Anger Management group is also available through outpatient scheduling at 724-684-6489.

Eating Disorders

  • The National Eating Disorders Association: 800-931-2237 (information and referrals);
  • Center for Overcoming Problem Eating (COPE): 412-647-9329
  • Eating Disorder Therapist - Emily Heim: 724-884-0466
  • Nutritionist Donna Bassi ,Washington: 724-250-7870

Women's Health/Parenting

  • Parent Advocate Program: 724-225-2061
  • Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania: 800-426-4636

Contact Information

Location: Carter Hall


Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday

Emergency Contacts: Public Safety, 724-938-4357 (HELP) or 9-1-1