Site Search

Important InformationImportant Information

Important Information


For all students:

  • California University of Pennsylvania has six on-campus Residence Halls - Smith Hall, Building B, Guesman Hall, Johnson Hall, Building E, and Carter Hall.
  • There is a $225.00 administrative/application fee which is required for each contract per academic year. This administrative/application fee is non-refundable.
  • Meal plans are required for students who reside in the Residence Halls. Adjustments can be made without financial penalty up to the close of business on the Friday immediately preceding the start of the semester. Meal plan adjustments which occur after the close of business on the Friday immediately preceding the start of the semester and first Friday of semester will be assessed a fee based on the adjustment. You may change your meal plan at the University Housing Office (Building B 117).
  • The duration of the Housing Contract is a full academic year - both Fall and Spring Semesters - unless pre-approved by the Housing Director.
  • Any student voluntarily withdrawing from University Housing during the prescribed duration of the Housing Contract cannot consider their withdrawal official and will be subject to the full housing charges for both Fall and Spring Semesters.

For incoming freshman:

  • Incoming freshman are bound by the Four Semester Residency Requirement. This requirement states that students are required to reside in University Housing for the first four semesters of their academic career at California University of Pennsylvania. On-campus Residence Halls and Vulcan Village Apartments are considered University Housing. Requests to be released from the Four Semester Residency Requirement must be put into writing to the University Housing Office.
  • Students must be fully accepted to the University before obtaining a Housing Contract.
  • When returning the Housing Contract, please be sure to include the yellow emergency contact card, all three copies of the Housing Contract, Roommate Matching Survey, Food Service Contract, and the $225.00 administrative/application fee. Housing Contracts should be returned to Bursar's Office, Box 83, Dixon Hall - Room 118, California University of Pennsylvania, 250 University Avenue, California, PA 15419 - 1394.
  • Once the student has been placed into a building, a copy of the contract indicating the tentative building assignment will be sent to the student's home address indicated on the contract. Information regarding roommate name(s), room type, and room number will be sent to all first-time students late in the summer.

For transfer students:

  • Transfer students are strongly encouraged to obtain residency at Vulcan Village Apartments during their first semester at California University of Pennsylvania.

For returning students:

  • Students residing in the Residence Halls will receive information regarding the renewal process around Thanksgiving in their Residence Hall mail boxes.

For additional questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the University Housing Office at (724) 938-4444 or

Orientation Brochure

Orientation Brochure (.pdf)

Get Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.

Get Adobe Reader. Clicking on this image will take you to another web site where you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free. The site will open in a new window.