New Student Checklist
Follow these simple steps to make sure you do everything you need to do before the semester begins!
1. Return the Advanced Tuition Deposit Form along with a non-refundable payment of $100 as soon as possible to secure your place at Cal U.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and apply for financial aid if you haven't already done so. Award packages will be sent beginning in early April. Visit the Financial Aid section of this website for more information about financial aid.
4. Contact the Cal U Placement Testing Center and schedule the placement testing you need to determine your ability levels in certain subjects. The results of these tests will determine what courses will be appropriate for you.
5. Sign up for a New Student Orientation and Registration program. Although we will try to honor your request for a specific date, the number of students for each session is limited. All reservations will be made in the order in which they were received, so if you want a particular date, send in your request early!
6. All students enrolling at Cal U are required to submit the Medical Information Form, which consists of four pages. The first three pages of this form must be completed by you and your family. The "Report of Health Evaluation" (page four) must be completed and signed by your physician.
7. If you need to explore disability access accommodations, visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website for more information. You may also contact the OSD office at 724-938-5781.
8. Submit a final high school and/or college transcript verifying graduation or the successful completion of your most recent semester.
Important Contact Information for New Students
Financial Aid Office
College of Education and Human Services
Eberly College of Science and Technology
College of Liberal Arts
Office of Articulation and Transfer Evaluation
Office of Students with Disabilities
Office of Student Success
Office of Student Orientation Programs
Housing and Residence Life Office
Office of Public Safety/University Police
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.