New Online Student Orientation
Cal U Global Online is a worldwide learning community providing quality academic programs, delivered completely over the Internet. Course requirements such as e-mail, discussions, chats, readings, tests and web resources are delivered asynchronously, so that you can log on and complete your school work when it's convenient for you. Feel free to work at home, from the office or on vacation, in the early morning or late at night, wherever and whenever you want. It is the perfect way for you to reach your educational goals while maintaining a normal work and home life.
If you have any questions while you are completing this orientation, feel free contact the Global Online Office for assistance. You can either fill out the the Online Information Request Form, e-mail us at email@example.com, or call 724-938-5958 or 1-866-595-6348.
Ready to Begin Your Online Orientation?
New Student Online Orientation Checklist
- Set up your Cal U Email account.
ALL IMPORTANT CORRESPONDENCE WILL GO TO THIS ACCOUNT.
- View the Desire 2 Learn (D2L) Tutorial.
D2L is the system you will use to "go to class".
- Log-in to the Vulcan Information Portal (VIP).
VIP is your one stop place to view your grades, transcripts, financial aid and billing info, as well as many other important functions.
- Visit the Cal U Email and VIP Access Information page for online students and follow Step # 3 to learn how to set up your VIP account.
- Complete the FAFSA and corresponding Financial Aid paperwork.
Visit the Global Online Financial Aid webpage for more information on financial aid, including the contact information for your financial aid representative.
- Are you an Active-Duty Service Member or a Veteran?
Please view the Global Online Military Resources webpage for contact information for our dedicated Military Coordinator and the support available for Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Dependents.
- Familiarize yourself with your "One-Stop" support team.
The Global Online staff is here to help you with any and all situations that may arise during your time as a student with Cal U! We are here to help!
- Visit your program's webpage and familiarize yourself with the resources available specific to your program.
View a listing of our academic programs.
- Contact your advisor for assistance with your degree plan or if you have questions about academic advising.
If you are not sure who your advisor is, please contact the Global Online office.
- Order textbooks using these instructions at this link.
- If you are using financial aid for books, please use the FINANCIAL AID BOOKS FORM and follow the instructions
- If you have transcripts for credit transfer that need evaluated, please visit the Transfer Admissions website.
You may also contact the Transfer Admissions staff.
If you have questions or need assistance in any way, please contact us at 1-866-595-6348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.