At Cal U, we try to make the registration process as simple and as easy as possible. For the first term, we encourage students to contact the Office of Web-Based Programs to register. This is so we can ensure that you have a complete understanding of the registration process.
After the first term, you are always welcome to contact the Office of Web-Based Programs to register, but you may prefer to register on your own. Most of our web-based programs are cohort-based, so it's important to know which sections of the courses are slated for that term, as well as the course call numbers you need to use so that you will stay within your predetermined cohort. The Office of Web-Based Programs will provide this information to you each term, so there is no guessing involved!
To register online, students should follow these directions:
*If you are already registered please disregard the registration instructions below though it is important you are familiar with the rest of information provided in this email. *
- Log onto VIP (Vulcan Information Portal) by clicking the VIP link from the Calu U Homepage – http://vip.calu.edu/. This is located on the left hand side of the web page.
- Your Username is the first part of your email address (without the @calu.edu). Your password is your email account password. If you have not obtained your email address/password, go to the homepage and click on Quick Links and select Get Campus Username and Password - http://www.calu.edu/current-students/it-services/get-username/
- The first page of the VIP is the Cal U tab. This contains general information for the University population.
- Click on the Academic Info tab to register and view information personalized to you.
- Check your registration status by clicking on Registration Status located in the Registration Tools Channel. Your status will show such information as your class level, your academic standing, and if any holds have been placed on your registration. If a hold is present, you will need to contact the office that placed the hold on your registration to make arrangements to clear it. You may obtain more information regarding your hold by clicking on the View Holds Link located at the bottom of the page.
- Under the Registration Tools channel –click on Look up Classes to see the available courses with meeting times, location, prerequisites and instructor. Note the CRN(s) of the class(es) you would like to register for.
- Return to the Academic Info Tab to register for the courses you have chosen. (Link is in the top left hand corner.
- Click on Add or Drop Classes
- Enter the CRN of the course(s) you would like to register for and click Submit Changes
- Certain courses have been identified by the department as requiring a prerequisite. If you have not met the necessary prerequisite, you will not be allowed to register for the class without permission of the department.
- If you receive a time ticket error please contact the Academic Records Office (724-938-4434) for Undergrad students and the Graduate School Office (724-938-4187) for Graduate Students
- Make sure you are accessing VIP and not SIS Web
- If a class is closed that you feel you need to graduate on time please contact the Office for Student Success (724-938-1523)
- Prerequisite you feel you have met – contact the department of the class
If you experience any problems, contact the Office of Web-Based Programs at 724-938-5958 during regular business hours (8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday).