Office for Students with Disabilities Accommodations
Reasonable accommodations require approval by the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD).
All of the following are required:
- The student submits the appropriate documentation to OSD.
- The student requests accommodation through appropriate OSD procedures.
- The requested accommodation does not substantially alter the fundamental nature of the academic and/or technical standards of the coursework and/or program.
- The requested accommodation is supported by the documentation on file.
The most commonly requested reasonable accommodations include:
- Extended test time
- Separate test location
- Taped texts and/or Reading Edge
- Note taker
- Test reader
- Test scribe and/or use of computer
- Access to available assistive equipment
- Priority registration
- Physical access to programs and services
- Other accommodations specific to the disability as requested and approved
The following are noted:
- The decision regarding appropriate and reasonable accommodation rests with the Office for Students with Disabilities.
- The Office for Students with Disabilities reserves the right to request additional documentation.
- Services of a personal nature are the responsibility of the student.
Office for Students with Disabilities
California University of Pennsylvania
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
Request for University Housing Accommodation - Download the housing accommodation request form
Office for Students with Disabilities - Learn more about OSD
Application Information - Learn about the OSD application process
Documentation and Assessment Report - Learn more about required documentation
ADA Compliance - The ADA/504 Compliance Office serves students with disabilities by ensuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.