The Greater McKeesport Vet Center
Veterans Resource Center Click HERE for more information on the McKeesport Vet Center
Cal U expands services to Veterans - Read More
Readjustment Service - Providing services to those Veterans who served overseas during hostile conflicts
For more information about the free program at Cal U, or to request an appointment, call California University's Office of Veterans Affairs at 724-938-4076 or e-mail email@example.com. For parking fees and a campus map, visit www.calu.edu/parking.
Veterans, dependents and family members also may request special appointments by contacting Jason Brosk at the McKeesport Veterans Center, 412-678-7704.
- Individual and Group Readjustment
- Marital / Family Consultations
- Alcohol / Drug
- Homeless Veterans
- Women Veterans Sexual Trauma
- Benefits Assistance and Referral
- Employment Counseling and Guidance
- Community Education
- Liaison with VA Facilities
- Referral to Community Agencies
- Information Regarding Local and National Veterans Organizations and Projects
- The Vet Center program was established by Congress in 1979 out of the recognition that a significant number of Vietnam Era Veterans were still experiencing lingering readjustment problems associated with their military duty during the Vietnam era. Vet Centers are a community-based arm of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The goal of the program was to provide a broad range of counseling, outreach and referral services to veterans of the Vietnam Era in order to help them make a satisfying postwar readjustment to civilian life. In 1991, the mission of the Vet Center was expanded to include veterans of the post-Vietnam combat theatres as outlined under eligibility.
- All service are free to eligible veterans, their families and significant others.
- For the service men and women who proudly served their nation overseas during the following periods of combat hostilities: (War Zone Veterans, all eras, including:)
- Vietnam War - 28 February, 1961 to 7 May, 1975
- Korean War - 27 June, 1950 to 31 January, 1955
- World War II - 31 December, 1946
- Lebanon - 25 August, 1982 to 26 February, 1984
- Grenada - 23 October, 1983 to 21 November, 1983
- Panama - 20 December, 1989 to 31 January, 1990
- Persian Gulf - 2 August, 1990 to --
- Somalia - 17 September, 1992 --
- Sexual Trauma / Harassment - Veterans of both sexes, all eras
- Global War on Terrorism - 11 Sept, 2001 to present
Address: Veterans Resource Center
Oak Park Mall
2001 Lincoln Way
McKeesport, PA 15131
- The Vet Center Staff respects the privacy of all veterans, and we hold in strictest confidence all information disclosed in the counseling process. No information will be communicated to any person or agency without written consent from the veterans, except in circumstances to avert a crisis. (Privacy Act, 1975)