Veterans-What To Do If Activated
Many student reservists and members of the National Guard have asked what to do in the event of activation. Until you receive official orders, you should continue your educational planning. This includes scheduling classes, National Guard Education Assistance, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the GI Bill®. Keep in mind the deadline for completing the FAFSA. In the event of activation, this can all be canceled. However, if you are not activated, all the pieces will be in place for the next term for you to continue your education.
If you are ordered to report for activation, you should do the following:
- Report your status to the Office of Veterans Affairs in Manderino Library, Room 317.
- If you are ordered to report with little or no notice and cannot come in, contact Robert Prah in the Office of Veterans Affairs immediately at (724)938-4076 (voice mail will answer 24 hours a day) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide your name, Social Security number and class schedule.
- Provide your unit's point of contact, phone number and address.
- Provide a copy of your orders for activation when available.
- Contact Cal U's Financial Aid Office for information on your college loans.
Students who may be affected by an activation will be contacted to discuss available options. The Office of Veterans Affairs will contact the appropriate University offices to inform them of your situation.