December 2013 Commencement
Please be sure to review and take note of key dates associated with December 2013 commencement-related activities.
September 27, 2013
Deadline to apply for December 2013 graduation. Find December 2013 graduation applications online (beginning 9/1/13).
- Only students those students who graduated in August 2013 and those students eligible to graduate in December 2013 are permitted to walk. Under extenuating circumstances, some students may gain approval to walk early. See your Dean's office for additional details.
- Both a paper application and an online application (through VIP) must be submitted for the application process to be considered complete.
- Graduate students must submit the Graduate Level Application for Graduation to the Graduate Office.
- Undergraduate students must submit a completed application for graduation at their academic dean's office.
- All students should contact their academic department in order to obtain further information on official graduation requirements and responsibilities. Honors status should also be reviewed and established at this time.
October 18, 2013
Last day for faculty to submit orders to purchase regalia (requires 6-8 week lead time).
Initial commencement information will be sent to graduating students (based on August 2013 graduates and December 2013 graduation applications received).
Be sure to take care of the following details early:
- Teacher Certification Applications: (see college dean)
- Verification of Minor or Career Concentration: (see college dean)
- Financial Aid Loan Exit Interview: Recipients of the Stafford Loan program must complete an exit interview online or at the Financial Aid Office, Dixon 105, 724-938-4415, before graduation.
- Change of Address: Visit the post office link provided and change your address, if you will be moving out of the area after graduation. https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1
- Voter Registration: Graduating students who will be moving and are registered to vote in Washington County should update their registration with their new address, if staying within Pennsylvania. Details can be found online: http://www.votespa.com/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=591539&mode=2.
October 28, 2013
Our Graduation Fair will be held Monday, October 28, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is recommended that students purchase caps and gowns at least one month prior to Commencement. Caps and Gowns: Undergraduate and graduate students must purchase approved academic robe and matching cap through the University Bookstore, except those who chose to wear their military dress uniform.
November 5, 6, and 7, 2013Spellman Studios will be on campus for senior portraits (yearbook photos) from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Manderino Room 319. No appointments required - just walk in! Be sure to dress appropriately. No t-shirts or hats. The studio will send portrait package information along with proofs. Contact Joy Helsel, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
November 15, 2013
Recommended date for students to purchase of caps and gowns. Students should arrange for purchase at least one month prior to Commencement, before sizes are limited and it is too late to place special orders.
Last day for faculty to place regalia rental orders at the University Bookstore.
November 25, 2013
Students with disabilities should request necessary accommodations. Alternate access arrangements for commencement events and/or all other accommodation requests should be made to the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD), preferably by Monday, November 25, 2013. Contact OSD in person, Azorsky Hall - Room 105, or by phone, 724-938-5781.
November 25, 2013
Honors cords will be available at the University Bookstore. Because of print deadlines for the Commencement brochure, grade point averages from the semester prior to the last semester are used to determine honors status at Commencement. Cords can be obtained at the University Bookstore (at no charge).
Review the undergraduate Honors at Graduation policy.
Honors cords are given to graduate students who complete their program with a cumulative minimum 3.75 QPA based on the semester prior to graduation. Graduate students will not be recognized in the Commencement program as receiving honors.
December 3, 2013
Graduates may return parking permits from December 3-6, 2013. If students are required to be on campus, temporary parking permits for the last week of the semester can be obtained. Return parking permits to Room 123 in Manderino Library Please call 724-938-4677 with any questions.
December 9, 2013
Deadline to register your contact information with the Cal U Alumni Association. You are required to update your information to ensure inclusion in our many Young Alumni mailings, e-blasts, networking events, insurance offerings, discounted car rental rates, Cal U logo license plate orders, and more. Don't miss out!
December 12, 2013
- Dinner begins at 6 p.m. in Hamer Hall. (This event is open to graduating students and invited faculty and staff members only.)
Commencement rehearsals begin immediately following dinner. Graduate School rehearsal will be held in Steele Hall and Undergraduate rehearsal will be held in the Convocation Center.
Spellman Studios will be available take portraits at the graduate dinner, from 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Contact Joy Helsel at email@example.com with any questions.
December 13, 2013
- Graduate Commencement, 7 p.m., Convocation Center
December 14, 2013
Undergraduate Commencement, 10 a.m., Convocation Center
CCAC Nursing Pinning Ceremony, 6 p.m., Steele Hall