December 2015 Commencement
Please be sure to review and take note of key dates associated with May 2015 commencement-related activities.
September 25, 2015
Deadline to apply for December 2015 graduation. Find December 2015 graduation applications online (beginning 8/31/15).
- Students who graduate in August 2015 are invited to participate in our December 2015 commencement activities. Only under extenuating circumstances can students gain approval to walk early. See your Dean's office for additional details.
- Both a paper application and an online application (through VIP) must be submitted for the application process to be considered complete.
- Graduate students must submit the Graduate Level Application for Graduation to the Graduate Office.
- Undergraduate students must submit a completed application for graduation at their academic dean's office.
- All students should contact their academic department in order to obtain further information on official graduation requirements and responsibilities. Honors status should also be reviewed and established at this time.
October 12, 2015
Last day for faculty to submit orders to purchase regalia (requires 8 week lead time).
Initial commencement information will be sent to graduating students (based on December 2015 graduation applications received by the deadline of September 25, 2015 AND only to those students who have indicated they will be attending the ceremony, including August 2015 graduates).
Be sure to take care of the following details early:
- Teacher Certification Applications: For students who successfully complete a Teacher Education/Administrative/Professional Program (graduate, undergraduate or post-baccalaureate). Please contact Cindy Pascarell in the College of Education and Human Services at 724-938-4125 for information.
- Financial Aid Loan Exit Interview: Recipients of the Stafford Loan program must complete exit counseling after graduation in order ensure compliance with federal regulations. Please contact the Financial Aid Office, Dixon 105, 724-938-4415, with questions before graduation.
- Change of Address: Visit the post office link provided and change your address, if you will be moving out of the area after graduation. https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1
- Voter Registration: Graduating students who will be moving and are registered to vote in Washington County should update their registration with their new address, if staying within Pennsylvania. Details can be found online:http://www.votespa.com/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=591539&mode=2.
October 26, 2015
Our Graduation Fair will be held Monday, October 26, 2015 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the University Bookstore located in the Natali Student Center. It is recommended that students purchase caps and gowns at least one month prior to commencement. Caps and Gowns: Undergraduate and graduate students must purchase approved academic robe and matching cap through the University Bookstore, except those who chose to wear their military dress uniform.
- Check out current regalia pricing here.
- Order announcements and diploma frames online here.
- Order your Cal U class ring here.
October 26, 2015
Honors cords will be available at the University Bookstore for undergraduate and graduate students who meet the academic policy requirements. Because of print deadlines for the commencement brochure, grade point averages from the semester prior to the last semester are used to determine honors status at commencement. Honors cords can be obtained at the University Bookstore (at no charge).
November 13, 2015
Recommended date for students to purchase of caps and gowns. Students should arrange for purchase at least one month prior to commencement, before sizes are limited and it is too late to place special orders.
Last day for faculty to place regalia rental orders at the University Bookstore.
November 23, 2015
Students with disabilities should request necessary accommodations. Alternate access arrangements for commencement events and/or all other accommodation requests should be made to the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD), preferably by Monday, November 23, 2015. Contact OSD in person, Azorsky Hall - Room 105, or by phone, 724-938-5781.
December 1-4, 2015
Graduating students may return parking permits from December 1-4, 2015. If students are required to be on campus, temporary parking permits can be obtained for the last week of the semester. Return parking permits to Room 123, Manderino Library. Please call 724-938-4677 with any questions.
December 7, 2015
Deadline to register your contact information with the Cal U Alumni Association. You are required to update your information to ensure inclusion in our many Young Alumni mailings, e-blasts, networking events, insurance offerings, discounted car rental rates, Cal U logo license plate orders, and more. Don't miss out!
December 10, 2015
President's Dinner for Graduates
- Dinner begins at 6 p.m., Gallagher Hall (This event is open to graduating students and invited faculty and staff members only.)
Commencement rehearsals begin immediately following dinner. Graduate School rehearsal will be held in Steele Hall and Undergraduate rehearsal will be held in the Convocation Center.
December 11, 2015
- Graduate Commencement, 7 p.m., Convocation Center
December 12, 2015
Undergraduate Commencement, 10 a.m., Convocation Center
CCAC Nursing Pinning Ceremony, 6 p.m., Steele Hall