NEW CONVOCATION CENTER TIP-OFF
Be among the first to see Cal U’s new $59 million Convocation Center at the New Convocation Center Tip-Off on Saturday, Dec. 3, in the University’s new landmark building.
Admission and parking are FREE. The public is invited to attend.
- 11 a.m. — Doors open. The first 1,000 fans receive FREE commemorative T-shirts.
- 1 p.m. — Vulcan women’s basketball, Cal U vs. Mansfield University
- 3 p.m. — Vulcan men’s basketball, Cal U vs. Mansfield University
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to California University students who swipe their CalCards and pick up tickets for the drawing.*
The Tip-Off event includes music, giveaways, family activities and more.
Guests are invited to bring a new, unwrapped toy for the Marine Corps Toys for Tots holiday collection. The toy drive is organized by Cal U's Student Government Association.
A campus landmark
The Tip-Off celebrates Cal U athletics and the new
142,000-square-foot Convocation Center, the largest indoor venue between
Pittsburgh and Morgantown, W.Va.
Fans will enter the Convocation Center from a courtyard that doubles as a convenient outdoor gathering space. Digital images on the 80-foot tower in the courtyard are visible across campus.
The arena can accommodate about 5,000 fans in fixed and retractable seating, with room for 1,000 more seats on the floor. It features a suspended electronic scoreboard and sound system, NBA-caliber baskets and a hardwood floor that can be removed to accommodate events such as farm shows and trade shows.
The building also features two wings equipped for executive-level conference services.
Among our upcoming events
- Dec. 4 — Basketball, Cal U vs. Bloomsburg University. Women’s game starts at 1 p.m.; men’s game at 3 p.m. Admission and parking are FREE.
- Early January — Museum exhibition, Leonardo DaVinci: Machines in Motion. Free exhibition features 40 full-size, hands-on devices based on the work of the great Renaissance inventor.
- Dec. 16 and 17 — Commencement. Graduate students receive master’s degrees at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16. Undergraduates receive their diplomas at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 17.