Saturday, April 1, 2017
2 p.m. at the Convocation Center
The University rewards academic excellence on the part of master's-, bachelor's- and associate degree-seeking students by honoring Presidential Scholars at this annual event. In addition to meeting other requirements, Presidential Scholars must carry at least a cumulative grade-point average of 3.25 (for undergraduate students) or 3.75 (for graduate students). Both full- and part-time students are eligible for the award.
Students from the School of Graduate Studies and Research, the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Education and Human Services, and the Eberly College of Science and Technology are recognized at the annual Honors Convocation.
Students who attend will have their names announced at the ceremony and each will receive a personal greeting and a special Presidential Scholar pin from Interim President Geraldine Jones as they walk across the stage. All qualifying students also receive a Presidential Scholar certificate.
Qualifying students will receive an e-invitation and instructions via their Cal U email accounts by March 3, 2017. All Presidential Scholars are required to RSVP online (even if they are not attending the ceremony) by Friday, March 24, 2017.
ALL 2017 Presidential Scholars: Please formally RSVP online for Honors Convocation.
If the above RSVP link does not work, please visit the following Web page to register: http://events-calendar.calu.edu/EventRegistration.aspx?Rid=358&Iid=88290&Frm=
To complete your RSVP, please follow these instructions:
- RSVPs are due by Friday, March 24, 2017.
- Please register even if you are unable to attend, so that we can arrange to have your certificate and pin ready for you after the event.
- Complete the “Event Registration Form.” If you are attending, please be sure to enter the number of your guests.
- Click “Next” button.
- Review your information and click “Submit” button.
- You will receive a confirmation email indicating your registration has been accepted.