Office of Sponsored Programs & Research: Funding Opportunities
The Center for Rural Pennsylvania Announces the 2014 Research Grant Competition
The Center for Rural Pennsylvania has announced its 2014 Research Grant Program. The Request for Proposal is available at the OSPR’s web page. All Letters of Intent must be received by the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research by 3:00 p.m. on May 13, 2013. Please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research at email@example.com if you are interested in applying!
Are you an Undergraduate or Graduate Student seeking funds to support your Research Project?
Consider applying for funding available through
The Jesse B. Guttman Student Research Grant Program
The Deadline for Submission is October 1, 2013 at 3:00 pm.
Students enrolled in any academic programs offered at Cal U may apply for funds to pursue their research or scholarly projects in collaboration with a full-time faculty mentor. Research proposals must be prepared in accordance with the grant Request for Proposal (Click here) or can be obtained from the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research, 425 Dixon Hall. Only complete proposal packets will be considered. Be sure your proposal includes:
- Cover page signed by the faculty sponsor
- Detailed research proposal
- (Introduction, Methods and Materials, References)
- Project budget and justification
- Institutional Review Board Status (if applicable)
- Student resume
- Support letter from faculty sponsor
- Proposal checklist
The research must be completed prior to graduation and within the 2013-2014 academic year and may begin as early as fall 2013. Student researchers are required to present results at Academic Excellence Day, April 2014 or Student Scholarship & Creativity Poster Event, November 2014.
Submit proposal and required attachments in the form of a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deliver the original signed Application Cover Sheet to the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research, Box 17, 425 Dixon Hall. Applications must be received by 3:00 pm on Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
The Guttman Research Grant Program rewards young scholars who are actively pursuing new avenues of academic achievement within their specific disciplines of study. This program was established to honor the late Jesse B. Guttman who along with his brothers, Leo and Howard, founded the Guttman Oil Company, Guttman Reality, and Mon River Towing. These companies, now under the umbrella of the Guttman Group, employ numerous individuals in the Mon Valley.
Apply Now for the Pennsylvania Faculty Health and Welfare Fund Grant!
Cal U may apply for up to three (3) $1,000 Wellness Promotion Grants in combination, no more than two Healthy Awareness or two Healthy Lifestyle grants (example: two Healthy Awareness grants and one Healthy Lifestyle).
- Health Awareness Grant - A $1,000 matching grant for campus-wide wellness and prevention activities such as wellness fairs and single topic wellness sessions. Grant applications must include documentation of dollar-for-dollar matches from campus or community organizations. The funded activities must include faculty participation.
- Healthy Lifestyle Grant - A $1,000 grant to fund risk reduction activities that include at least six (6) hours of programming and include faculty participation. Topics that qualify for grants include, but are not limited to, the following: weight reduction, smoking cessation, healthy eating, exercise and stress reduction.
All applicants must complete the corresponding application form and submit to The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research (OSPR) by Friday, April 20, 2013. Please click here for the applications. The OSPR will secure the appropriate signatures and submit the application packet to the Pennsylvania Faculty Health and Welfare Fund.