Office of Sponsored Programs & Research: Funding Opportunities
Apply Now for the
Grant Writers Fellowship Program 2014
California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U) is pleased to announce the fifth Grant Writers Fellowship Program in which faculty and staff will have the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive enrichment workshop covering everything from strategizing the selection of your potential funding source to learning effective grant writing for competitive grant applications/proposals. Emphasis is placed on research and writing strategies and skills required to successfully submit competitive external proposals on behalf of Cal U. Fellows will be expected to attend all of the workshop sessions in order to maintain status in the program.
Consider the Benefits...
- Develop capabilities in securing external funding to support research, outreach or public service.
- Enhance curriculum vita or résumé.
- $500 participation incentive.
You are Eligible if you are...
- Tenured or tenure track faculty with a full-time appointment, or
- Full time permanent staff who are required to write grants as part of their job (verified by supervisor/VP), and
- Interested in funding for research, critical programs and projects that align with the Cal U mission, and
- Available to attend a three-day session in May 2014.
Don't miss out on the opportunity...
Fellowship Application Deadline April 9 @ 3:00 pm
Grant Writers' 3-Day Workshop Session May 14, 15 & 16, 2014
Apply Now for the Pennsylvania Faculty Health and Welfare Fund Grant!
Cal U may apply for up to three (3) $1,000 Wellness Promotion Grants in combination, no more than two Healthy Awareness or two Healthy Lifestyle grants (example: two Healthy Awareness grants and one Healthy Lifestyle).
- Health Awareness Grant - A $1,000 matching grant for campus-wide wellness and prevention activities such as wellness fairs and single topic wellness sessions. Grant applications must include documentation of dollar-for-dollar matches from campus or community organizations. The funded activities must include faculty participation.
- Healthy Lifestyle Grant - A $1,000 grant to fund risk reduction activities that include at least six (6) hours of programming and include faculty participation. Topics that qualify for grants include, but are not limited to, the following: weight reduction, smoking cessation, healthy eating, exercise and stress reduction.
All applicants must complete the corresponding application form and submit to The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research (OSPR) by Friday, April 18, 2014. Please click here for the applications. The OSPR will secure the appropriate signatures and submit the application packet to the Pennsylvania Faculty Health and Welfare Fund.
SPIN SystemSpinPlus is available to all Cal U faculty and staff. To be granted access, please call the OSPR at x1662 to request a username and password, and you can begin to receive funding announcements directly to your inbox. Already have a username and password, click here to go to SPINPlus website and login.
Get Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.