Resources and Proposal Writing Tips
The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research has added resources and proposal writing tips to assist you in preparing your proposal.
Click on the links below for a list of websites offering insight into proposal writing.
Grant Writer Training Modules
- Introduction to the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research
- Searching for Funding Opportunities
- Understanding the Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Budget Preparation
- After the Award: Compliance and Related Issues
Proposal Writing Resources
- Grant Seeking Tips
- Philanthropy NW Grant Tips
- Appalachian Resource Center
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Gateway for Afterschool and 21st Century Community Learning Centers
Grant Writing Tutorial
Typical Mistakes Made on Proposals
- Asking for more funding than the funder is willing to give.
- Proposal sounds the same, or lacks a new spin.
- Proposal not well prepared.
- Sending a generic proposal to every funder.
- Not contacting the correct funding agency.
- Failure to meet submission deadline.
- Not following proposal instructions.
- Inflating costs in the budget.
- Poor writing style and misspelled words.
Understanding the National Science Foundation
For locating funding agencies, click here to be redirected to our Funding Opportunities webpage.