To continue to improve the infrastructure of California University of Pennsylvania.
Implement a capital projects plan from FY 2008-09 through FY 2012-13.
- Method: Utilize revenue obtained through the capital projects plan to build a Convocation Center, complete the renovation of Herron Fitness Center, complete a High-Voltage Upgrade project, complete Pedestrian and Vehicular Enhancement Phase II, renovate Old Main and South Hall, and complete the Keystone Hall renovation and addition.
Success criteria: Funding will be obtained, and the Convocation Center, Herron Fitness Center, High-Voltage Upgrade project, Pedestrian and Vehicular Enhancement Phase II and the Keystone Hall renovation and addition will be completed by 2012-13; Old Main and South Hall are scheduled for completion in 2013-14.
Create and implement the phases of the Roadman Park Master Plan, including a multi-sport facility, tennis courts, soccer field upgrades and baseball field upgrades.
- Method: Identify funding sources, contract for designs and bid the projects.
Success criteria: The tennis courts will be completed by August 2009; funding will be obtained and all other projects completed by 2012-13.
Create and implement the phases of a Parking Facilities Master Plan to include Manderino Parking Garage, Roadman Park Surface Lot and River Lot Improvement projects.
- Method: Hire and meet with consultants to form a plan of action to address parking issues; compile a pro forma that addresses funding; implement construction and renovation.
Success criteria: Projects will be completed in FY 2008-09 and 2009-10.
Move forward with the approval and implementation of the next 10-year phase of the University Master Plan.
- Method: Obtain funding, identify contractors and implement projects for 2009-2012 to include the campus loop road construction, development of the Third Street pedestrian mall, construction of the front entrance loop, and expansion and renovation of Natali Student Center.
Success criteria: The first three years of the 10-year Master Plan will be completed successfully.
Implement and continuously improve the Landscape Master Plan for the beautification of the campus.
- Method: Identify funding sources, contract for landscape upgrades and bid the projects as needed.
Success criteria: Funding will be obtained and projects completed by 2012-13.
Assess and enhance the IT infrastructure for the University.
- Method: Hire a Vice President for Information Technology who will be charged with the development and implementation of a three-year strategic plan (2009-2012) for the campus that includes increased/enhanced security systems, new technologies and implementation of a new Student Information System; provide enhanced student web services as part of the new system implementation.
Success criteria: Vice President for Information Technology will be hired and a three-year strategic plan for IT operations will be completed by December 2009; the new student information system will be implemented and operational based on the timeline established by PASSHE.
- Method: Explore a Laptop for Students program.
Success criteria: A proposal identifying the pros/cons of this initiative will be presented to Cabinet by December 2009.
- Method: Maintain current equipment and industry standards for IT on campus and modify/update the IT strategic plan as standards change.
- Method: Conduct an inventory of all classrooms and create a “smart technology plan” for multiple levels of instructional technology; provide a scheduling process that connects faculty with the appropriate level of technology in their facilities; and provide an ongoing training program for effective use of the technology/equipment.
Success criteria: An approved plan will be implemented by 2012 that provides for training and multiple levels of technology/equipment in University classrooms upgraded in a three-year cycle.
Continue to re-design and renovate existing academic learning spaces that promote faculty productivity.
- Method: Conduct an inventory of existing academic learning spaces.
- Method: Establish and prioritize needs for improving faculty productivity in existing academic learning spaces.
- Method: Re-design and renovate existing spaces to improve faculty productivity.