Teaching and Learning Center
Integrating technology into the learning environment
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is a resource for Cal U faculty and staff members as they explore effective uses for mobile technology and instructional technologies that impact the University.
The TLC's staff work with faculty and staff members to provide hands-on training and facilitate an exchange of ideas.
They also are continuing to build an online library of resources that can help faculty and staff members explore best practices for integrate technology into the campus community and their courses.
Face-to-face and virtual support
The TLC provides training and assistance Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. by appointment.
Appointments can be made by emailing: email@example.com
or by phone: 724-938-4168
Room 411, Keystone Hall
Staff from the Teaching and Learning Center answer faculty questions about integrating smart classroom technology, mobile devices and other high-tech tools into the teaching and learning environment.
“Tech Tuesday” – “no appointment necessary”
Between the hours of 8:00 AM – 12:00PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00PM
Spring 2014 Dates
Tech Tuesdays will run from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on the following days:
- January 28
- February 4, 11, 18, & 25
- March 4, 11, 18, & 25
- April 1, 8, 15, 22, & 29
- Desire2Learn (D2L): Sharing tips and strategies
- Mobile apps: D2L
- Respondus: A tool for creating and managing exams that can be published directly to D2L. Exams can be created offline using MS Word or a publishers’ test bank.
- Narrated PowerPoint: Integration into your course and D2L
- Microsoft Office: (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Softchalk: Create engaging multi-media content that can be placed on D2L
- Polling: Devices/Software/Mobile Device Polling
- Skype: Desktop sharing and peer to peer communication
- iPads/iPod touches/Laptops/Tablets: Classroom integration methods and device management protocols
- Mobile Apps: Recommendation on academic apps, adopting/integrating mobile apps within your course, and mobile app content creation
- Add audio: Utilizing software and web tools, instructors can develop narrated presentations for class use
- Smart Classroom: Training, management, protocols, and engaging students
- Smart Sympodiums: Sharing tips, techniques and best practices
- Content Creation: Video, Audio, PDF(s), and etc.
What People Are Saying
“I got a lot of help from the Teaching and Learning Center.”Dr. Kimberly WoznackChair, Department of Chemisrty and Physics