What sparks the circle of philanthropy? For some donors, it's a beloved family member or an influential teacher who inspires them to give. For others, it's a successful life and the promise to "pay forward" the help they once received.
When you support The Campaign to Build Character and Careers or make a contribution to the Annual Fund, you will join a family of donors who have helped Cal U improve the education opportunities for our students.
Cal U acknowledges gifts at the following levels in the University's annual donor report:
- Trustee Associates ($100,000 and above; $25,000-$99,999; $10,000-$24,999; $5,000-$9,999; $2,000-$4,999)
- President's Club ($1,000-$1,999)
- Society of 1852 ($500-$999)
- Old Main Club ($250-$499)
- Alumni by Class Year
Corporations, foundations and organizations
These supporters are also recognized in the donor report at similar levels.
Robert M. Steele Society
This society, named for Cal U's first president (1928-52), was established in 1996 and recognizes individuals who have made planned gifts to Cal U and The Foundation for California University. Support to Cal U from members of the Robert M. Steele Society has included:
- More than $1.875 million received or placed in trust
- Gifts of more than $350,000 providing lifelong income to members
- Member commitments indicating more than $2.5 million additional for the University in their long-range plans