Current AnnouncementsFROM: Fran Fayish RE: Swimming
Sent: 6/7/2012 1:03:52 PM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
Healthy Monday: Swimming
- Swimming is a great way to get aerobic physical activity.
- Just 2 ½ hours of swimming per week can reduce the risk of a chronic illness.
- Aerobic exercise may improve the health of those living with diabetes and heart disease.
- It is important to be aware of health risks such as sunburn, drowning, and other injuries.
- Drowning is the 2nd leading cause of all unintentional injury deaths in children aged 1-14 years and the 7th leading cause of unintentional injury death for all ages.
To learn more about swimming benefits and ways to stay safe, visit http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimming/
Brought to you by the Health and Wellness Education Center----Carter Hall G82
Any Questions? Contact Fran Fayish x 5922 email@example.com