Current AnnouncementsFROM: Marty Sharer RE: GA Position Available
Sent: 7/19/2012 11:09:29 AM
Graduate Assistant Position Available
Position is with the University Band. The university band is one of the largest groups on campus. This position is one that is demanding, but you will learn a lot, be able to take pride in your work and it will look really good on your future resume.
You will also get the pleasure of attending all of the home football games with the university band.
This is a 300 hour position per semester
There is an Additional stipend for working band camp of $1,500
Band camp work requirements:
· Work from Thursday, August 9 to Thursday, August 23, 2012
· 16 hour days, 7 days a week for two week band camp
· On-campus housing and meals provided during band camp
Duties of Band GA:
Assist the director of bands in the administrative and instructional support aspects of the Band Program to include but not limited to the following areas: inventories, recruiting, personnel and scheduling of performances and travel arrangements. Saturday work is a must.
1. Demonstrated organizational skills
2. Demonstrated people skills
3. Demonstrated ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
4. Demonstrated ability to positively relate to others and work as a team member
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently
6. Demonstrated ability to creatively work towards goals
7. Demonstrated computer literacy
*Preference will be given to candidates having demonstrated skills as a musician and having detailed knowledge of a band program.
o Admission to Graduate School
o Submit the following to the Director of Bands (contact info is below)
§ Resume required
§ Letters of recommendation and any supplemental materials optional
o Campus interview with University Band Director & Music Department Secretary
Dr. Marty Sharer, Director of Bands
California University of PA
250 University Avenue
California, PA 15419