Current AnnouncementsFROM: Jon Kallis RE: D2L Version 10 Upgrade - December 15
Sent: 11/30/2012 12:50:35 PM
To: Faculty, Staff
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Mark your calendars, because the new and improved version of Desire2Learn (D2L) is coming on December 15. This upgrade date was approved by each of the university CAOs.
The version upgrade will happen for all PASSHE Universities beginning at 12:01 AM on December 15, and ending at approximately 1:00 PM, December 15.
Below are some of the enhancements you can look forward to:
- Redesigned interface: the new system features a redesigned interface that relocates key elements to the foreground, allowing for a cleaner, more intuitive and user-friendly experience.
- New course navigation bar: course navigation now features grouped items for a more streamlined, student and faculty centered experience.
- New navigation "mini-bar": a new navigation mini-bar allows users to move between courses without returning to "My Home".
- Enhancements to the Discussion area: a "Must Post First" option requires students to post a message before being able to participate in or view classmates' posts.
To obtain a head-start on D2L 10:
- Click here to watch a Quick Tour of the new D2L 10 interface (Click here for moble device)
- Click here to download the D2L 10 Quick Reference Sheet for New Navigation [PDF]
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. New training guides and materials will be available soon for D2L 10.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with an instructional designer to help you with your D2L shell(s) after the upgrade to D2L 10, please contact Jon Kallis or Adam Stairs at 724-938-5958.