Current AnnouncementsFROM: Student Affairs RE: Who's Who Among Students - NOMINATIONS - deadline March 4th
Sent: 2/26/2013 8:51:09 AM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
SPRING 2013 NOMINEES
WHO’S WHO AMONG STUDENTS
IN AMERICAN COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
MAY or AUGUST 2013 GRADUATES ONLY
SELECTION PROCEDURES FOR WHO’S WHO NOMINEES
A. Please select deserving seniors and graduate students from your academic discipline or organization who meet the following criteria. Students may nominate themselves.
1. STATUS: MUST be a May or August 2013 GRADUATE
2. ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: You should evaluate the student’s scholarship ability. No minimum Q.P.A. required – scholarship should be evident.
3. PARTICIPATION IN EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: Exceptional leadership in organizations, campus activities, and work experience should be evident.
4. UNIVERSITY and COMMUNITY SERVICE: Should include university community service and off-campus community service.
B. The nominations and all information requested must be returned before
3:00 p.m. on MARCH 4th* to Student Affairs - Natali Student Center
C. Failure to submit completed nomination packet by the deadline of MARCH 4th will result in elimination for consideration for SPRING 2013 Who’s Who.
D. The Committee requests the following information for each nominee:
1. A biographical information sheet OR a personal resume can substitute for a biographical sheet.
2. Two letters of reference (one must be from a faculty member or an administrator of Cal U) – which can be submitted via email from professor or administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The most recent copy of the student’s ACTIVITY transcript (call x4515, search calu.edu online or stop at the Multimedia Access Center across from the Student Bookstore for more information). If an updated Activity Transcript is not available, students must provide detailed list activities and service.
4. A copy of the most recent academic transcript from Cal U will be provided by Student Affairs (student does not need to provide).