Current AnnouncementsFROM: Pam DelVerne/SAI RE: 10 Things About OrgSync & the Activities Transcript
Sent: 3/29/2013 2:18:34 PM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
INTRODUCING ORGSYNC at Cal U!
OrgSync at Cal U will officially launch on April 4th during the House of Reps meeting at 11:00 a.m. in Morgan LRC Room 222. For the next week, we will be giving you an advance look at some of the features and what changes, if any, will affect you.
For more information about OrgSync, attend an information session on Thursday, April 4th or Friday, April 5th. Pre-registration is required due to limited seating. Log in to OrgSync and RSVP for a session from our Community Events listings on the front page beneath the weather. If you need assistance registering, contact the Mac Lab at x4515.
10 THINGS ABOUT ORGSYNC & the ACTIVITIES TRANSCRIPT
1. The current Activities Transcript website will only be available until the end of the spring 2013 semester, at which time it will become a part of OrgSync (sai.orgsync.com).
2. There is no need to transfer existing involvement to OrgSync! When you request your Activities Transcript, entries from both sources will be combined before providing you with an official copy.
3. An official Activities Transcript will still be printed on blue security paper and be signed and verified. Transcripts will still be held at the Mac Lab.
4. The Activities Transcript is called “Involvement” in the OrgSync menu, and can be found listed under “My Tools” in the top menu bar. You can choose what shows on your official transcript by selecting/deselecting the blue radio buttons in the “Reports: Full | Record” column.
5. To add an entry to OrgSync, you add either an “Activity” or “Organization Memberships”. In the old system, you had to choose from 5 categories.
6. “Participation” and “Leadership” are now “Organization Memberships”.
7. Dean’s List can now be added to your ePortfolio, and honor society memberships can be added as “Organization Memberships”.
8. “Professional Development” entries are now added as “Activities”.
9. “Service” activities must still be submitted to the Office of Civic Engagement before adding to your Activities Transcript.
10. You can now add Learning Outcomes AND a personal reflection to each activity.
OrgSync is a service provided to Cal U students by the Student Association, Inc. For more information, please contact Pam DelVerne at email@example.com.