Current AnnouncementsFROM: Stephanie Shelpman RE: Teach For America: Application Deadline (10/25) + Info Session (TBA)
Sent: 10/17/2013 3:11:29 PM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
Looking for a meaningful, impactful, and paid job after college? Consider Teach For America!
Our third application deadline is Friday, October 25th
• Click here to view the application: www.teachforamerica.org/application
• See the impact you can have here: http://www.youtube.com/teachforamerica
• Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/teachforamerica
Application requirements are simple:
• Two brief essays
• No letters of recommendation required
If you’re interested in learning more about TFA, please contact Stephanie Shelpman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
General Information about Teach For America:
Of the 16.4million children growing up in poverty, only 1 in 13 will ever graduate from college. Zip code should not be destiny. Teach For America is growing the movement of leaders who work to ensure that kids growing up in poverty get an excellent education.
• We recruit a diverse group of leaders with a record of achievement who work to expand educational opportunity, starting by teaching for two years in a low-income community.
• We provide intensive training, support and career development that helps these leaders increase their impact and deepen their understanding of what it takes to close the achievement gap.
• We are a growing movement of leaders, now 33,000 strong, working at every level of education, policy and other professions, to ensure that all children can receive an excellent education.
· Teach For America Corps Members are full-time teachers in a classroom
· All academic majors and backgrounds accepted (background in education/teacher certification is not required)
· Salary ranging from $25,500-$51,000 a year with health insurance and retirement benefits
· Possible Americorps Education award of $11,100 and loan forbearance and paid interest for two years
· Regional placement is not random; applicants preference location in our 46 regions
· All grade levels (PreK-12) and subjects including ELL, Special Education, and the arts
· Option to receive your certification and/or Masters in Teaching
· Graduate school and employer partnerships for alum to continue their societal impact