Current AnnouncementsFROM: Sharon Elkettani RE: TEST: CAL U EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM
Sent: 11/7/2013 10:36:28 AM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
HELP US TEST THE CAL U ALERT SYSTEM
A TEST of the CAL U ALERT System is scheduled for Thursday, November 14, 2013.
The test will occur between 11:45 a.m. and noon.
The Cal U Alert System has been expanded to deliver:
- Text alerts to registered participants;
- E-mail to all campus accounts;
- Updates to the Cal U website, www.calu.edu.
These methods of communication will keep you informed in case of an emergency on or near campus.
DURING THE TEST:
Text and e-mail messages will announce that we are conducting a test, and you will be directed to the Cal U website. PLEASE VISIT THE WEBSITE, www.calu.edu, so we can determine the effect of increased traffic during an emergency.
In an actual emergency, the Cal U website typically will be your most complete source for information. Check the “NEWS” carousel at the bottom of the homepage for emergency information and updates. (In certain cases, emergency information may replace the entire homepage.)
TO REGISTER FOR ALERTS:
Register online to receive emergency text alerts. HAVE YOUR MOBILE PHONE WITH YOU WHEN YOU REGISTER. Then follow these steps:
- Visit the Cal U website, www.calu.edu, and click on “Quick Links.”
- Click on “Cal U Text Alert Registration.”
- At the prompt, log in using your username and password. (This is the same username and password used to log in to your computer or your campus e-mail.)
- At the Cal U Alerts page, complete the New User Sign-up form.
- During the sign-up process, a four-digit number will be sent via text to your mobile phone. You MUST enter this validation code on the sign-up form to complete your registration. (NOTE: An unvalidated phone number will NOT receive text messages from Cal U Alerts.)
If you have questions, please contact Sharon Elkettani at 724-938-4411 or email@example.com.