Current AnnouncementsFROM: Bessy Bennellick RE: Study abroad in China May 2014
Sent: 12/4/2013 12:21:33 PM
To: Students, Faculty
This is to let you know that Cal U is participating in a national program for our students from to attend the U.S.-China Student Summit in Beijing, China in May 2014. Dr. Kevin Lordon will lead the group.
The Summit is a two-day experience where students will meet with other university students from the U.S. and China, and explore the relationship between our two countries. It is the capstone of a 10-day travel experience, where there will also visit notable sites and landmarks in Shanghai and Beijing.
At the Summit, and during and following our visit to China, students will:
- Hear from notable Chinese and U.S. government and education officials
- Participate in one-on-one interactions with your Chinese peers
- Explore language, culture, politics, and business in this incredibly important country
- Have the opportunity to earn college credit
- Have the option to extend your stay to take classes at Peking University or participate in an internship with a Chinese company
- The U.S.-China Student Summit is sponsored by WorldStrides Capstone programs, a Strategic Partner and the Exclusive Educational Travel Partner of the 100,000 Strong Foundation.
The 100,000 Strong Foundation, launched in January 2013 by then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, is an offshoot of the U.S. Department of State’s “100,000 Strong Initiative,” which seeks to realize President Barack Obama’s call for 100,000 Americans to study in China by the end of 2014.
Learn more about the program, visit www.chinastudentsummit.org, click “Register to Travel,” and enter the Trip ID 101430 .
The cost is $3850 which includes airfare to China, hotels, 2 meals/day, cultural tours, business visits, & 1 credit of tuition.
Direct all questions to Bessy Bennellick (firstname.lastname@example.org).