Current AnnouncementsFROM: Dr. Melanie Blumberg RE: Women of the Year Call for Nominations
Sent: 2/4/2014 12:49:33 PM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
The President’s Commission for the Status of Women seeks nominations for the following:
- Outstanding Woman of the Year Student Award-Undergraduate Traditional Category for female students graduating in May 2014
- Outstanding Woman of the Year Student Award-Undergraduate Nontraditional Category for female students graduating in May 2014
- Outstanding Woman of the Year Graduate Student Award for female students graduating May 2014
- Outstanding Woman of the Year Faculty Award
- Outstanding Woman of the Year Staff Award
The award recipient has demonstrated success in her personal life or professional life, support of other women and women’s issues on campus, and dedication to the university community or the community-at-large. One award is given in each of three student categories (graduate student, undergraduate traditional student, and undergraduate nontraditional student) plus one each for faculty and staff.
To nominate someone, please e-mail the completed form to Dr. Melanie Blumberg (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by Monday, February 17, 2014. Please submit nominations in the format as it appears below. Do not send a summary letter.
Your Name & Title:
Name of Nominee:
Nominee’s University Status: Graduate Student/ Undergraduate Traditional Student/ Undergraduate Nontraditional Student/Faculty/Staff
Contact Information for Nominee to include phone number, email address and local address:
How you are acquainted with the nominee:
How long you have known her:
Please provide a brief explanation of why the nominee is deserving of this honor, which includes specific examples of her work, including
- her support of other women and women’s issues on campus,
- the ways in which the nominee is successful in her personal life or professional life,
- her dedication to the university community or community-at-large, and
- what sets her apart from other female students.
Self-nominations will be accepted.