Current AnnouncementsFROM: Dr. Melanie Blumberg RE: The Harrisburg Internship Semester: Apply Now
Sent: 2/28/2014 12:09:48 PM
To: Students, Faculty
THE HARRISBURG INTERNSHIP SEMESTER
2014-2015 ACADEMIC YEAR
Applications are being accepted for The Harrisburg Internship Semester (THIS) sponsored by the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Interns attend seminars, many of which feature leading Commonwealth policy makers, and work with professionals and legislators in various state government offices. During their internships, students gain hands-on experience participating in public policy formulation, analysis, and evaluation.
You have the opportunity to earn 15 credit hours toward your undergraduate degree consistent with the policies of Cal U and major department.
Students from all majors are encouraged to apply for this prestigious internship.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 at time of application
- Minimum of 45 undergraduate credits earned at time of application
- Completed Application Form
Application forms may be obtained from Dr. Melanie J. Blumberg or Ms. Cindy Speer in the Department of History & Political Science (Manderino Library 440).
- Letter of Application: a one- to two-page letter that describes your interest in applying for the internship, presents any relevant background knowledge or experience, explains your career objectives, and states your goals for participating in the program
- Writing Sample: a three- to five-page sample of your writing, preferably related to a public policy issue
- Resume: a one- to two-page current resume
- Transcript: a current transcript
If selected, you will be asked to arrange for an official transcript.
- Letters of Recommendation: two letters from individuals who know you well
The letters should address your academic ability, communication skills, and readiness for a public policy research assignment at high levels of state government. An assessment of your maturity, judgment, and sense of responsibility should also be included.
All application materials must be on file in the office of Dr. Melanie J. Blumberg, Department of History and Political Science (Campus Box 6, Manderino Library 440), by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, March 10, 2014. Successful candidates will be notified of their acceptance by Monday, March 17, 2014. For further information, please contact Dr. Melanie Blumberg: 724.938.5720 or email@example.com.