Current AnnouncementsFROM: AOD Program RE: Graduate Assistant Wanted for the Fall-Counseling and Social Work encouraged to apply
Sent: 4/22/2014 9:32:58 AM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
BASICS GA JOB DESCRIPTION
In support of California University’s program effort to reduce students’ quantity of alcohol consumption and related harm, the BASICS facilitator uses the technique of Brief Motivational Interventions (BMIs) in facilitating its alcohol education program.
The facilitator must possess the ability to institute strategies and skills designed to increase student motivation, respond to student resistance to change, and help students ready to change take some initial steps toward reduced alcohol risk and harm in order to achieve the following with each client:
1. Reduce alcohol use to low-risk levels
2. Reduce alcohol-related harm to self and others
3. Encourage abstinence in persons who are alcohol-dependent
4. Identification of potential difficulty requiring professional counseling and immediate notification and referral of the client to a member of the university professional counselor staff. A trained BASICS facilitator is considered a “non-specialist”, strictly permitting only the use of BMI in facilitating BASICS.
• Must be enrolled on-campus in a full-time California University of Pennsylvania counseling, social work or justice studies graduate education program or be enrolled on-campus in another full-time California University of Pennsylvania graduate program with adequate professional experience in the counseling, social work or justice studies field.
Email resumes for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org