Current AnnouncementsFROM: HUMAN RESOURCES RE: EMPLOYMENT AND INCOME VERIFICATION
Sent: 6/12/2014 3:02:41 PM
To: Faculty, Staff
THE WORK NUMBER
Refinancing your mortgage? Renting an apartment? Buying a car?
Applying for a Loan? Applying for social services?
PASSHE has selected THE WORK NUMBER, the nation's leading employment verification service, to securely and instantly provide
the verifications you need to keep your life moving. THE WORK NUMBER simplifies employment and income verification and
accelerates credit decisions.
Here's How it Works:
1) PASSHE securely transmits employment and income data to THE WORK NUMBER on a regular cycle, so the
information remains current.
2) When you apply for credit or other services where proof of employment or income is required, you provide
consent to the credit grantor to verify that information when signing the application.
3) The verifier - who has been carefully screened and credentialed before gaining access to the system - uses the
PASSHE employer codE (15972) and your Social Security Number to look up your record on THE WORK NUMBER
4) The verifier must provide a valid reason or permissible purpose for requesting the information, as defined by
the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The verifier must also have your consumer consent before requesting
income or salary information.
5) With the above conditions met, the verifier can validate your employment or income in seconds.
The below card can be cut out and kept in your wallet for quick reference. If asked by a lender or public assistance agency to
provide proof of your employment or income, simple direct them to THE WORK NUMBER.