Current AnnouncementsFROM: Office of University Housing RE: Graduate Assistant Position Available in Residence Life
Sent: 6/18/2014 11:07:32 AM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
California University of Pennsylvania
Residence Life Graduate Community Assistant Position
The Office of University Housing currently has one vacancy for a Graduate Community Assistant (GCA). The Graduate Community Assistant will oversee all hall operations within one floor of a residence hall, and will serve in a leadership/liaison role between the Community Assistants, the Residence Hall Director, and the Residence Life Office. As they strive to uphold the goals and expectations outlined for them, they will be afforded the opportunity to gain practical experience in the field of Student Affairs. GCAs are chosen on the basis of leadership experiences, communication and interpersonal skills, interest in working with students to develop a positive community, and willingness to be actively involved in their own personal growth and development. They report directly to the Residence Hall Director of their hall.
The GCA will oversee all hall operations within one floor of a residence hall, and will serve in a leadership capacity on a staff of 4-5 undergraduate Community Assistants.
- Applicants must meet all entrance qualifications established by the Graduate School and be granted admission to the desired academic department
- Prior residence life staff/residence hall experience preferred
- Must be a full-time graduate student
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Be in good disciplinary standing
- Live in the residence hall during the term of employment, on a floor assigned by the Resident Director (RD)
- Be able to work a very flexible and primarily unstructured schedule
- Participate in all staff training sessions
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- General computer competency and ability to operate Microsoft Office Suite
Graduate Community Assistants will be provided with a stipend each semester that sufficiently covers the cost of a private room on campus. The GCA will also receive a waiver of their graduate tuition (minimum of 9 credits per semester) while they are employed by the Residence Life Office. The GCA cannot be employed for more than 4 semesters.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please email Dan Pretz, email@example.com, for a complete position description and application.