HOCKEY NIGHT IN PITTSBURGH: DEC. 6 AT CONSOL ENERGY CENTER
- The Cal U men’s and women’s hockey teams will face off against collegiate rivals on the Penguins’ home ice, with games scheduled for 2:30, 5 and 8 p.m.
- A Cal U student will announce the games.
- Cadets from the ROTC program will form an honor guard as the University Choir sings the national anthem before each contest.
- Cal U's cheerleaders and dance team will perform and assist with games, the pep band will provide music, and students will be featured in the on-ice entertainment during intermissions.
- Videographers from CUTV will film the event, and sports reporters from the Cal Times student newspaper will cover the contests.
- On the concourse, Cal U club members will give away programs and rally towels, entertain guests and organize a Toys for Tots collection.
In addition, the first 250 students and alumni to line up and sign a waiver will get a chance to slip and slide on the CONSOL Energy Center ice. The activity is BYOS — Bring Your Own Skates.
The Penguins mascot and players will be on hand to sign autographs and pose for snapshots.
And Cal U alumni can attend a reception from 5-7 p.m. in the Cal U Conference Center.
“We want to introduce our students to the Penguins, not only as fans but also as professionals,” says Craig Butzine, vice president for Marketing and University Relations. “The Penguins run a first-class organization, and we want to give our students a glimpse of how that’s done.”
SEE THE SCHEDULE
Cal U hockey contests
- 2:30 p.m. — CHA (Cal 2) men’s team vs. Carnegie Mellon
- 5 p.m. — Cal U women’s team vs. Slippery Rock
- 8 p.m. — CHE (Cal 1) men’s team vs. Robert Morris
Cal U alumni reception
5-7 p.m. in the Cal U Conference Center
7-7:45 p.m. on the Pens’ home ice
First 250 participants only; skaters must sign a waiver and bring their own skates
5:30-7 p.m., a 90 minute signing
Player autograph sessions, Penguins Ice Crew appearances, giveaways, entertainment, on-ice games and more!
GET YOUR TICKET
Ticket price is $8 for fans of all ages. Cal U students are admitted free with a valid CalCard.
Proceeds benefit the Pittsburgh Penguins Scholarship Fund.
Tickets are available:
- At the information desk in the Natali Student Center
- At Ticketmaster outlets and online at ticketmaster.com
- At the Trib Total Media Box Office at CONSOL Energy Center (Dec. 6 only)
BRING YOUR SKATES
A “free skate” on the Penguins’ home ice begins at 7 p.m.
Participants must bring their own skates and sign a liability waiver.
Activity is limited to 250 skaters only. Participation is not guaranteed.
RIDE A FAN BUS
Students, faculty, staff, Cal U alumni and guests may ride a fan bus from campus to CONSOL Energy Center on Dec. 6.
Fan buses will depart from the parking lot behind the Natali Student Center at these times:
- 1:30 p.m.
- 4 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.
PARK IN PITTSBURGH
Parking will be available at the CONSOL parking garage. Cost is $7.
Parking also is available in the Marriott parking garage across the street.
Those attending the Cal U Hockey Night must enter CONSOL Energy Center through the Trib Total media entrance.
Win Penguins Tickets
Student Government is holding a Toys for Tots drive during the game.
Any student who brings a new unwrapped toy will have the opportunity to win 2 Penguins tickets via raffle at the game.