FAFSA on the Web
It's never been easier to complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The entire process, from filling out a worksheet to signing the final document, can be done online through the U.S. Department of Education's FAFSA on the Web site.
The Benefits of FAFSA on the Web
- Online FAFSA is free.
- The FAFSA on the Web site provides you and your parents with numerous electronic options, such as checking on the status of your FAFSA form, requesting a duplicate set of SARs, tips and shortcuts, and requesting a Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you like, you can save your application information for up to 45 days so that you can complete and transmit it later.
- Online FAFSA does not require software to be installed. You simply log on to www.fafsa.ed.gov and start to use the application.
- You can access the FAFSA web page from anywhere, including school or home, making it more convenient to complete the application.
- Online FAFSA automatically edits your answers before transmitting, resulting in better information and fewer applications rejected by the federally approved Central Processing Service.
- Online FAFSA uses skip logic, so it will only ask you those questions that you need to answer.
- Online FAFSA can support an unlimited number of users, allowing thousands of students to apply at once.
- When you use FAFSA on the Web, you will know your eligibility for financial aid within 72 hours after submitting the completed application.
- The FAFSA on the Web site supports both Netscape Navigator (4.0 or higher) and Internet Explorer (5.0 or higher) Internet browsers.
Start with the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet
Use the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet to familiarize yourself with FAFSA questions and instructions. This helpful worksheet is a line-for-line copy of the online FAFSA. Download the worksheet at www.fafsa.ed.gov or pick up a copy at the Financial Aid Office.