Armed Forces Applicants
Global Online Armed Forces
Cal U: Ready to Serve You
You are serving our nation, now let us serve you. California University of Pennsylvania is here to serve you and your family in securing your own future with a quality education. Cal U's Global Online learning community makes it convenient to earn your undergraduate or graduate degree, whether you are at home or serving abroad. Global Online's Internet-based format fits well with challenging military duty assignments, enabling you to access your Cal U coursework from anywhere in the world. Our asynchronous classes make it possible to complete your assignments at any time of the day or night. Global Online courses are also ideal for spouses or other family members who are interested in earning their degrees. Active duty military, along with spouses and dependents, benefit from our affordable, in-state tuition rates (students must self-identify prior to the start of their first term - refer to the requirements listed below).
*Effective May 12, 2014, all Active Duty Service Members and their Dependents will qualify for the new Military tuition rates*
- Undergraduate Tuition-$250 per credit + $48.20 per credit fees
- Graduate Tuition-$399 per credit + $71.80 per credit fees
*Application fee ($25) will be waived for all Active Duty, Veteran, and Dependents.*
- To receive the Application Fee Waiver, you must:
- Send in, with your application materials, DD214, copy of current Military orders, or a proof of service letter.
- If you have questions, please contact the Cal U Global Online office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-595-6348.
Requirements for Verification of Active Duty Military Status
New active duty military applicants will need to present the following documentation for the initial verification of current Active Duty Military status:
- A copy your orders that confirms and verifies the dates of Active Duty service/status and/or
- If a member of the National Guard or Reserve component, a memorandum from your Education office or Commander
Requirements for Verification of Military Dependents
Dependents of active duty military must present the following documentation for initial verification of affiliation with an active duty service member:
- A copy of the Service member's military orders
Submit the above documents (Active Duty and/or Spouses and Dependents) to:
Point of Contact for Undergraduate Admissions Military Documentation questions or concerns:
Ms. Amy Woodward
Point of Contact for Graduate Admissions Military Documentation questions or concerns:
The School of Graudate Studies and Research
Information for Veterans
Students taking their courses 100% online qualify for housing payments through the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill.
Housing allowance is payable to students (other than those on active duty) enrolled solely in distance learning. The housing allowance payable is equal to ½ the national average BAH for an E-5 with dependents.
- Full-time rate for an individual eligible at the 100% eligibility tier would be $714.50
- Also allows students on active duty to receive a books and supplies stipend.
The Cal U Office of Veterans Affairs offers guidance to military students. Contact the office at 724-938-4076 or email@example.com ; the fax number is 724-938-4584.
Point of Contact for VA Education Benefits (G.I. Bill benefits)
Robert Prah, Director, Office of Veterans Affairs (VA Education Benefits / G.I. Bill benefits)
Know someone who can excel at Cal U?
Meet Our Military Students
Please visit the pages below to learn more about Cal U's military students and what advice they have to share.