Site Search

A Cal U Army ROTC 2nd Lt. salutes an NCO during the "First Salute"A Cal U Army ROTC 2nd Lt. salutes an NCO during the "First Salute"

Spouse or Dependents of Active Duty Soldiers

Global Online courses are also ideal for spouses or other family members who are interested in earning their degrees. Active duty military, along with spouses and dependents, benefit from our affordable in-state tuition rates.

For information on the tuition rates, please click here

Students must self-identify prior to the start of their first term. New active duty military applicants will need to present the following documentation for the initial verification of current active duty military status:

  • A copy of the service member's deployment or PCS orders that verifies the dates of active duty service OR
  • A memorandum from the service member's education office verifying the service member's service on active duty

Submit the above documents to

Amy Woodward-Undergraduate Admissions
724-938-4564 (fax)

Devon Markish-Graduate Admissions
724-938-5712 (fax)

Financial Aid for Military Spouses

Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)

MyCAA provides up to $6,000 in financial assistance to the spouses of active duty and activated Guard and Reserve Service members worldwide. MyCAA financial assistance pays for expenses such as post-secondary education and training, tuition, licensing and credentialing fees. Eligible spouses who are ready to explore portable career options and develop career goals and plans should establish a MyCAA account at the MyCAA website. Visit to learn more.

For more information about Global Online, complete an online request or contact Global Online at 724-938-5958 or toll-free at 1-866-595-6348 or e-mail us at

Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) - Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits

The transferability option under the Post 9/11 GI Bill allows service members to transfer unused benefits to their spouses or dependent children.

The Department of Defense (DoD) determines whether or not you can transfer benefits to your family members. To apply to transfer your benefits, please click the link here: (This website is only available to military members)

Upon approval, family members may apply to use transferred benefits with the VA by completing VA Form 22-1990e. VA Form 22-1990e should only be completed and submitted to the VA by the family member after DoD has approved the request for the TEB. Do not use VA Form 22-1990e to apply for TEB. Please use this link to access the electronic version of the VA Form 22-1990e (VONAPP):

For more information on the TEB and other VA education programs, please visit the links listed below: (links will take you to an external site that is provided through the Department of Veterans Affairs)

Awards and Rankings

Interested in what others are saying about Cal U Global Online? Check out the awards and rankings our online programs have recently received. 

More Info

Click to Request Information About Cal U's 100% Online ProgramsClick Here to Apply Now for one of Cal U's 100% Online ProgramsView Information for Prospective Military StudentsTuition CalculatorView Financial Aid Information

Know someone who can excel at Cal U?

Recommend a Vulcan Logo