Site Search

Image of a female graduateImage of a female graduate

International Applicants

NOTE- this application and the requirements are only for admission to face-to-face (on-ground) programs.

California University welcomes applications from students from countries other than the United States.  Individuals who desire to study on campus must obtain F-1 non-immigrant status prior to enrollment or possess other legal status that enables them to pursue studies and maintain their status through the entirety of their studies.  If granted, applicants can expect to receive their I-20 no more than sixty (60) days prior to their start of term.  All international students who apply for graduate studies must meet the same entrance requirements as all other students.

For admission, the following documents must be submitted in addition to any specific program requirements (Please view program admission requirements at

  1. APPLICATION:  A completed International Application.  If applying online, please enter "555555" as your University Code.  You may also print and mail or email the paper application to, or California University of PA, Graduate School, 250 University Avenue, California, PA 15419.
  2. APPLICATION FEE:  Non-refundable $50 application fee paid through Peer Transfer at See how our Peer Transfer works by visiting this link.
  4. TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION:  A document by document evaluation including a request of Grade Point Average of official transcripts must be completed for non-English transcripts by an acceptable evaluation service agency, such as WES or Silney, to certify an equivalent degree in the U.S. on a 4.0 scale.  For international applicants whose primary method of instruction was not English, TOEFL, IELTS, or ITEP test scores that exceed the university or program minimums must be met and submitted.  Agency transcript evaluations and language test scores may be waived if the primary language of instruction is English and on a 4.0 scale. Upon receipt of an official English transcript not on a 4.0 scale, admissions will calculate to determine equivalency.One of the following organizations may be used to provide the required service. Contact the organization, request or download an application, complete the application listing "California University of Pennsylvania, School of Graduate Studies & Research" as the recipient, and return it to the organization with the required fees and credentials. Transcript evaluations can take up to four weeks or more to complete after all documents are received. Check with the service(s) for their timelines and specific fee structure(s.)

    • Josef Silney & Associates Inc.
      International Education Consultants
      7101 SW 102 Ave.
      Miami, FL 33173
      FAX 305-273-1338
      World Education Services Inc.
      P.O. Box 745
      Old Chelsea Station
      New York, NY 10113
      FAX 212-966-6395

5.  International Test Score Requirements:

Full Admission 550 213 76 6 4

Pay your tuition deposit

Learn more about the many services and programs Cal U offers to international students:

For more information, contact the Graduate School at 724-938-4187 or

English Language Test Country Exemptions


The following applicants may be considered for admission to graduate study without submitting English language test scores (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL).

  • Those who hold a degree in which the language of instruction was English, provided English is the official language of the country in which the university is located OR the institution is accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency.

  • Citizens of the following countries:

    • Anguilla

    • Antigua & Barbuda

    • Australia

    • Bahamas

    • Barbados

    • Belize

    • Bermuda

    • Botswana

    • British Virgin Islands

    • Cameroon*

    • Canada*

    • Cayman Islands

    • Dominica

    • Gambia

    • Ghana

    • Grenada

    • Guyana

    • Jamaica

    • Kiribati

    • Lesotho

    • Liberia

    • Micronesia

    • Montserrat

    • Namibia

    • New Zealand

    • Nigeria

    • Saint Kitts and Nevis

    • Saint Lucia

    • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

    • Seychelles

    • Sierra Leone

    • Trinidad and Tobago

    • Turks and Caicos Islands

    • Uganda

    • United Kingdom

    • Zimbabwe

      * Applies to applicants whose post-secondary degree is from a university in which English is the language of instruction.