International Applicants to On-Ground Graduate Programs: How to Apply
NOTE- this application and the requirements are only for admission to face-to-face (on-ground) programs.
California University welcomes applications from students from countries other than the United States. Individuals who desire to study on campus must obtain F-1 non-immigrant status prior to enrollment or possess other legal status that enables them to pursue studies and maintain their status through the entirety of their studies. If granted, applicants can expect to receive their I-20 no more than sixty (60) days prior to their start of term. All international students who apply for graduate studies must meet the same entrance requirements as all other students.
For admission, the following documents must be submitted in addition to any specific program requirements (Please view program admission requirements at www.calu.edu):
- A completed international application and non-refundable $50 application fee paid through Peer Transfer at paycalu.peertransfer.com. See how our Peer Transfer works by visiting this link.
Requests for a paper application may be sent to Jessica Spence, firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-938-4187.
- Document-by-document evaluation of transcripts to verify the possession of the equivalent of the overall required grade point average based on program selection. Evaluations may be waived if the primary language of instruction is English where a baccalaureate, masters and/or doctoral degree was earned. In addition, transcripts must be in English and on a 4.0 scale.
- Certified English translation of official transcripts that verify earning the equivalent of a baccalaureate degree in the United States.
Transcript Evaluations: for 2 and 3 above, one of the following organizations may be used to provide the required service. Contact the organization, request or download an application, complete the application listing "California University of Pennsylvania, School of Graduate Studies & Research" as the recipient, and return it to the organization with the required fees and credentials. Transcript evaluations can take up to four weeks or more to complete after all documents are received. Check with the service(s) for their timelines and specific fee structure(s).
World Education Services Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113
Official copy of the TOEFL test showing a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 80 on the Internet-based test. An official copy of an IELTS with a minimum score of 6.0 may be substituted for the TOEFL score. Official test scores must be sent directly from the testing center. Photocopies are not acceptable. If English is the primary language of instruction at the institution where a baccalaureate, masters and/or doctoral degree was earned, scores may be waived. Applicants who fall below these scores may be considered for conditional admission on a case-by-case basis. ESL courses may be required in addition to program coursework.
Affidavit of Financial Support.
Learn more about the many services and programs Cal U offers to international students:
- Academic English and American Culture Program
- International Club
- International Student Services
- Visiting Students Program