NOTE- this application and the requirements are only for admission to face-to-face (on-ground) programs.
California University welcomes applications from students from countries other than the United States. Individuals who desire to study on campus must obtain F-1 non-immigrant status prior to enrollment or possess other legal status that enables them to pursue studies and maintain their status through the entirety of their studies. If granted, applicants can expect to receive their I-20 no more than sixty (60) days prior to their start of term. All international students who apply for graduate studies must meet the same entrance requirements as all other students.
For admission, the following documents must be submitted in addition to any specific program requirements (Please view program admission requirements at www.calu.edu):
- APPLICATION: A completed International Application. If applying online, please enter "555555" as your University Code. You may also print and mail or email the paper application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or California University of PA, Graduate School, 250 University Avenue, California, PA 15419.
- APPLICATION FEE: Non-refundable $50 application fee paid through Peer Transfer at paycalu.peertransfer.com. See how our Peer Transfer works by visiting this link.
- AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION: A document by document evaluation including a request of Grade Point Average of official transcripts must be completed for non-English transcripts by an acceptable evaluation service agency, such as WES or Silney, to certify an equivalent degree in the U.S. on a 4.0 scale. For international applicants whose primary method of instruction was not English, TOEFL, IELTS, or ITEP test scores that exceed the university or program minimums must be met and submitted. Agency transcript evaluations and language test scores may be waived if the primary language of instruction is English and on a 4.0 scale. Upon receipt of an official English transcript not on a 4.0 scale, admissions will calculate to determine equivalency.One of the following organizations may be used to provide the required service. Contact the organization, request or download an application, complete the application listing "California University of Pennsylvania, School of Graduate Studies & Research" as the recipient, and return it to the organization with the required fees and credentials. Transcript evaluations can take up to four weeks or more to complete after all documents are received. Check with the service(s) for their timelines and specific fee structure(s.)
5. International Test Score Requirements:
|ESL Only||less than 343||less than 60||less than 19||less than 4.0||less than 2.5|
- Conditional Admission may require at least 6 credits of English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction during the first semester.
- Additional ESL courses may be required for students who are conditionally admitted.
- Assessment by faculty will determine if the student requires additional ESL courses after the first semester. ESL courses may be required in addition to program coursework.
Learn more about the many services and programs Cal U offers to international students:
- Academic English and American Culture Program
- International Club
- International Student Services
- Visiting Students Program