Site Search

Image of a male student working with roboticsImage of a male student working with robotics

Non-Degree Applicants

Although most graduate students at Cal U are enrolled in degree programs, there are opportunities to take some graduate programs, either for personal or professional growth or for certification, without becoming an applicant for a University graduate degree.

If you wish to take graduate courses at California University but do not wish to enroll in a formal certification program or as a possible applicant for a degree, you will nevertheless have to apply for admission and pay the normal application fee. Your acceptance will be based on the amount and quality of your preparation as determined by the academic department in which you will be taking courses.

Upon admission, non-degree students may be limited in the total number of credits they may complete. Financial Aid cannot be processed for non-degree students. Non-degree students may not seek or secure a degree or certification preparation. Non-degree students who wish to earn a degree or certification must formally apply for admission to the program.

Graduate students from other universities (sometimes known as "transient students") who wish to take courses at California University of Pennsylvania should be certain, before they enroll, that the courses they plan to take here will be counted toward their graduate programs at their home institutions.

Policies about the transfer of graduate credits vary from institution to institution but commonly, universities do not permit graduate students to transfer to any of their programs more than six semester credits taken elsewhere. For more information, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 724-938-4187.

More Info

Click to Request Information About Cal U's Graduate ProgramsClick Here to Apply Now for one of Cal U's 100% Online ProgramsContact the Graduate SchoolView Financial Aid Information

Know someone who can excel at Cal U?

Recommend a Vulcan Logo

Quick Links:

Graduate Programs

Global Online

Admissions & Application Process

Graduate Tuition & Fees

Types of Financial Aid

Graduate Catalog

Online Orientation

Graduate Assistantships

Graduation Requirements

Act 48 Continuing Education Credits

Get Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download.

Get Adobe Reader. Clicking on this image will take you to another web site where you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free. The site will open in a new window.