Site Search

Image of a woman in a music studioImage of a woman in a music studio

Hints for Transfer Students

Did you submit a FAFSA, then transfer to Cal U in the middle of a school year? You will still get the financial aid you need if you follow these simple instructions.

  • If you did not originally include California University of Pennsylvania as one of your school choices on the FAFSA, go to and access your record with your PIN. Click "Add or Delete a School Code" and enter Cal U's Federal School Code - 003316.


  • Call the federal processor at 1-800-433-3243 and add Cal U to your record. You will need your DRN #, found on your Student Air Report (SAR).

Eligible for a PHEAA State Grant?

You must notify PHEAA that you are transferring to Cal U for the upcoming semester.

  1. Visit the PHEAA website and follow the links for Account Access.
  2. Complete a PHEAA Grant School Change Form, or
  3. Contact PHEAA at 1-800-692-7392 and request the change to your school.

What About Your Stafford Loan?

If your previous school has processed a Stafford Loan for the upcoming semester, you must cancel this loan before Cal U will be able to process a Stafford Loan for you. To do this, contact your pervious school/lender about cancellation.

CALU participates in the Federal Direct Student Loan Program.  If your pervious institution was not a Direct Lending Institution, you will need to sign a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Stafford Loans.  Please visit our website, and select "Loans."

We want to make sure your transfer to Cal U goes as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the Financial Aid Office at 724-938-4415.