Gainful Employment Disclosures
Effective July 1, 2011, federal regulations published in the Federal Register on October 29, 2010 [75 FR 66665 and FR 66832] by the U.S. Department of Education require postsecondary institutions that participate in the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, to disclose to prospective students certain information about the institution's GE Programs.
Generally, GE Programs include:
- At public and private not-for-profit institutions:Title IV-eligible non-degree programs (e.g., certificate and diploma programs).
To ensure that the required data are disclosed to prospective students in a consistent and consumer-friendly format, institutions MUST use this GEDT developed by the Department of Education to disclose the required information about their GE Programs. The GEDT allows institutions to quickly and easily create a Web page containing the required gainful employment disclosure information for each of their eligible educational programs. Specifically, this information includes:
- The typical costs associated with completing the program;
- Potential financing options available to students and the median debt incurred by program graduates;
- The normal time to complete the program and the percentage of graduates who completed the program within the normal time; and
- The job placement rate for program completers.
Below is a list of Gainful Employment Disclosures for relevant Cal U programs.
- Administrative Program for Principals Certification (K-12)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders - Certification
- Counselor Education-Post-Master's (licensure credits)
- Exercise Science: Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention Post-Master's Letter of Completion
- Exercise Science: Rehabilitation Science Post-Master's Letter of Completion
- Exercise Science: Sport Psychology Post-Master's Letter of Completion
- Exercise Science: Wellness & Fitness Curriculum Post-Master's Letter of Completion
- Intercollegiate Athletic Administration Letter of Completion
- School Counseling-Post-Master's (licensure credits)
- School Psychology Post-Master’s Certificate
- Sports Counseling Certificate
- Superintendent Letter of Eligibility (SLE) Certification Program