Questions and Answers about Credit Card Payments effective July 17, 2014
What will change beginning July 17, 2014?
- The University will continue to offer electronic check payments free of charge.
- All credit/debit card payments MUST be processed through Cal U’s online payment process. The Bursar’s Office will no longer accept credit/debit cards either in person or on the phone.
- A convenience fee of 2.75% ($3.00 minimum), will be added for each credit/debit card transaction. (This fee covers transaction costs only: it is NOT retained by the University.)
How can I pay my bill?
- Electronic Check (e-check) payments continue to be free of charge through Cal U’s online payment system.
- By mail: Payment can be made by check or money order and mailed to the address indicated on the bill. Please include the remittance part of the bill and include the student ID number on the check. Payments must be in U.S. currency.
- In person at Bursar’s Office: Check, money orders and cash will be accepted.
- Credit Card on-line payment thru VIP student portal or guest portal. You will receive two charges on your credit card statement, the amount paid to Cal U and the convenience fee charge from the processor.
What credit cards will be accepted through the online payment system (Touchnet)?
- Touchnet will continue to accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
Visit the payment information page for more information about fees and payment procedures.