Site Search

Image of a family taking a picture on graduation dayImage of a family taking a picture on graduation day


Application Fee:  Cal U requires a $25 application fee in order to process an application for admission. The fee may be submitted via the web if an application was created online, or by check, money order or cash. This fee is non-refundable.

Advanced Tuition Deposit: The advanced tuition deposit is a non-refundable deposit made to California University of Pennsylvania once a student has made the decision to attend Cal U. Once submitted, the University is aware of your intentions to attend Cal U. The current cost for the advanced tuition deposit is $100 and is credited to your account.

Applicant: An applicant is a student who has submitted his or her application for admission. At this point, an applicant may or may not be admitted, but has intentions of gaining acceptance to the University.

Accepted Student: An accepted student has met or exceeded the admissions criteria.

Application Fee Waiver: Cal U requires a $25 application fee at the time a student submits his or her application. A guidance counselor who is aware of a student's financial hardship may provide a student with an application fee waiver.

Campus Visit: A campus visit is when a prospective student and his or her family visit Cal U. We hold campus visits at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday-Friday. Students and their families report to the University Welcome Center located in Eberly Science and Technology Center for a tour of campus. Following the tour, students and guests meet with an admissions counselor to share and discuss additional information. Cumulative GPA: Cumulative GPA is the average of all grades received throughout an academic career. A high school cumulative GPA is based on the ninth through 12th grade years and a college cumulative GPA is based on all semesters attended at one institution.

Enrolled: These are students who have scheduled classes and/or are currently taking courses.

FAFSA: The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.  In order to be considered for financial aid from federal and state sources, all applicants must complete the FAFSA at the following address: The FAFSA should be completed and submitted to Cal U before May 1 for each upcoming school year. Our federal school code is 003316.

GED: GED is the General Education Diploma. Cal U does accept the GED in place of a high school diploma. We require a copy of both your GED scores and diploma. You will be required to submit an official high school transcript up until the point of withdrawal in addition to the GED scores and diploma.

Inquiry: A student is an inquiry when he or she expresses an interest in Cal U. You may become an inquiry by sending us an e-mail at, by meeting with an admissions staff member at a college fair or high school visit, or by calling the Admissions Office at 724-938-4404.

Official Transcript: An official transcript is a record of your grades, coursework, class rank, grade point average, etc. The transcript is only considered official when sent directly from a high school guidance office or college/university registrar's office.

Official Test Scores: These are results submitted directly from the College Board (SAT), American College Testing Program (ACT) or high school guidance office (normally found on the official high school transcript). We do not accept student score reports or photocopies of score reports.

Post-Secondary Institution: A post-secondary Institution is any academic institution (usually accredited) a student attends after receiving a high school diploma or equivalency.

Prospective Student: Prospective student describes a student who has expressed an interest in becoming a Cal U student.

Rolling Admission: Cal U does not have an application deadline. This is subject to change at any time throughout the year.

Transfer Student: A student is considered a transfer student when he or she takes coursework at a post-secondary academic institution after receiving a high school diploma or its equivalent. Cal U requires documentation of official transcripts of all schools attended.

For more information, contact an admissions counselor.