Bursar & Billing

Site Search

Bursar and Billing

The Bursar’s Office bills for tuition, housing and fees, and provides information about the status of your account. The office answers questions about payment due dates, payment methods, payment plans, third-party billing, withdrawals and refunds. If you have been awarded financial aid, the Bursar’s Office is responsible for applying that amount to your bill.


Cal U has several options for paying your bill. The Bursar’s Office can help you with questions about payment methods, third-party billing, electronic bills, credit card policies, applying financial aid to your account, and more.


Billing FAQ

You have questions? We have answers! Visit this section to learn how to check your account online, establish a payment plan, apply grants and loans to your account, follow add/drop and withdrawal policies, and more.


Withdrawals & Refunds

Learn more about deadlines and policies that affect the amount of your refund should you take fewer credit hours or withdraw from the University. Financial aid recipients should refer to the Financial Aid page to learn more.


American Opportunity Tax Credit

This federal income tax credit can be claimed for up to $2,500 for tuition, books, supplies and equipment. To be eligible, taxpayers must meet certain requirements.


1098T Tax Info

The Bursar’s Office will send you a form if qualified tuition and other related educational expenses were billed to you. Students may be eligible to claim a deduction for tuition and fees on their federal income tax return.